PDA

View Full Version : ATI T5 blue+ dim in middle

McPuff
05/07/2015, 08:57 AM
Just put in a new T5 bulb (ati blue+) 54W. Fires up normally but after a few seconds it goes dim in the middle of the bulb. Ends are much brighter. Is this a bad bulb? I've tried the same connectors/ballast on another bulb and that one works just fine. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. This is my first experience with T5 so thank you!

wildman926
05/07/2015, 09:49 AM
What fixture is this? I have found ATI bulbs do this.

They will light after they are up to full operating temperature. That may take 10 minutes or so.

When I ran a Current USA fixture, this happened only with ATI bulbs. They would never fully light.

I have a new fixture, that this happened until they warmed up, and even then they were not that bright. I replace the ballasts with ATI ballasts, and now they are fully lit after a few minutes.

McPuff
05/08/2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks. They are Helios... new though. I did not leave the bulb on for too long so you may be right that they just take a while to get to full temp and then operate properly. I will check it this afternoon... I haven't been home during the hour that it's actually ON.

souk
05/08/2015, 11:30 AM
Thats normal for mine as well. Like Wildman stated, give it about 10min.