PDA

View Full Version : Aqua clear 110?????

HandsomeBradley
05/07/2015, 11:26 PM
Hey guys so I've got a wet dry on my 40 gallon breeder and I am just not having good luck with it. So I was wondering if I could switch out my wet dry for 2 Aqua clear 110s and if this would be enough filtration for my reef tank? I have
2 clownfish
2 Banggai cardinals
2 shrimps

So it's not stocked at all really. Maybe I'd add one more yellow tang but that's about it. So what do you all think? And my wet dry is a little loud with the overflow setup I have. I used to run the 40 b with a aqua clear 70 with two clownfish and had no problems until I stopped doing water changes lol....

Thanks guys/gals!

scooter31707
05/08/2015, 07:34 AM
I notice you said you had a wet/dry, do you mean a wet/dry sump or wet/dry canister filter. If it's a sump than you probably can make some adjustments to it with a little help.

Bobabooie
05/08/2015, 08:43 AM
Are you running a bio ball wet dry setup? I would think a decent protien skimmer would be a better investment that two AC110's. Especially if you plan on adding a pooping machine (tang). And you might want to rethink the tang unless you plan on upsizing the tank in the future. Just my 2 cents.

Reeferz412
05/08/2015, 08:48 AM
Should be good. I run mine on a 46. I run a cut filter floss to fit right next to the impeller where the water exits. Then I have a bag of chemi pure, and live rock. If I had the option to put a sump, I would dump the aquaclear and move all of equipment to the sump.