PDA

View Full Version : Possibly only question about this

mattc183
05/09/2015, 07:37 PM
Hey yall,

I live in a small town and the closet saltwater store is well, in town but, they are severely lacking in livestock. Dude, has been at it for a long time and is very knowledgeable. But he likes to keep cowfish, sea apples, and most common sw fishies. Though, almost no coral and cheapest sw fishy cost at least $50 for pajama cardinals and imagine others from there.

Anyways about my strange question, the good saltwater stores are about an hour and a half a way either to Tulsa or Moore. And honestly that takes to much gas to not just sit on me arse and order online, if I take my truck.

So, the question I like to ride my motorcycle, but at highway speeds get a vibration at around 6k that even makes me numb, will it affect corals as long as I keep them in Styrofoam containers that fit ma bags?

Anyone else, picked up coral and rode with them home on a motorcycle or am I just being silly?

laugh
05/09/2015, 07:45 PM
I have taken coral and fish for rides on my bike without issue. There is a possibility that the coral could rub on the bag causing tissue damage. A way to avoid this is to cut a slit in the bottom of a plastic "to go" sauce cup and stick the frag plug in it will hold the coral from rubbing the bag.

Dkuhlmann
05/10/2015, 03:21 AM
Laugh I have got to ask the obvious question of, Why is it better for the coral to rub on the "to go" cup instead of the bag?

A sea K
05/10/2015, 05:02 AM
A way to avoid this is to cut a slit in the bottom of a plastic "to go" sauce cup and stick the frag plug in it will hold the coral from rubbing the bag.

I just got some frags that were packaged this way. Very simple idea and really protects the corals.

laugh
05/10/2015, 07:12 AM
Laugh I have got to ask the obvious question of, Why is it better for the coral to rub on the "to go" cup instead of the bag?

They don't rub the cup. The stem of the plug goes in the slit and then the cup is put in a bag. You don't put a lid on the cup. This way the frag is held in the center of the cup.

Dkuhlmann
05/10/2015, 12:25 PM
Gotcha, great tip :thumbsup: