PDA

View Full Version : I just got an Aquatronica Touch Controller

RobbyG
05/11/2015, 03:43 PM
OK WOW this is a nice controller. I am just starting to investigate all it can do. I will upload a few pictures in the coming days, but all I can say is that I am blown away by the display and the versatility of this controller.

More to come.....

Robbyg

nickjj
05/11/2015, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the AQ Touch Controller club Robby!

If there are any questions don't hesitate to ask. I've been playing around with mine for a year and a half now. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed and I found it easiest to plug an SD card into the controller to transfer the files. This way you don't have to open up the USB cover every time. I found that an Ipad, Chrome or Mozilla works best for the remote web software. Internet explorer is a little sluggish.

You'll notice there are so many different expansion ports on it and the backup battery is readily accessible under the cover. Although it was plug and play when I first set it up with my existing AQ equipment.

Looking forward to your feedback.

OCEANVIEW ENT
05/12/2015, 08:12 AM
Thank you guys for all the kind words. I will give you all a good discount once you are ready to add . I will start checking this thread more often and if i dont answer please do not hesitate to send an email to

[email protected]
514-929-9099

Errico
OceanView Enterprise

RobbyG
05/15/2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks Nick and Errico.
As luck would have it a big job came up the day after I made the post, so I was out of town for a few days. I am back now and I am going to start digging in and see what this baby can do. I also wanted to give a big thanks to Massimo for the great deal on the controller.
I will be posting back as I learn more and get a feel for what it can do.
Nick is the latest firmware on their website or do I have to contact Massimo or Errico?

nickjj
05/15/2015, 02:28 PM
The latest version I have is 3.1 which I don't believe is on their website. You could get it from Massimo I guess or I could forward you the email I received from Massimo. Just pm me an email address I can send it too which may be quicker.

The update process works very well and the big smiley face when it completes is very unique........

Bui
05/18/2015, 11:14 AM
What are you guy using for your wireless? Im using tplink and it not seeing it.

nickjj
05/18/2015, 08:32 PM
I am hard wired with an Ethernet cable to my router.

Bui
05/19/2015, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info Nick. I was doing that but hate to have extra cable if it doesn't required it.

dbond
05/23/2015, 09:07 AM
Debating on getting one can anyone tell me are their features that the old did not have other than the touch screen

thanks

OCEANVIEW ENT
05/25/2015, 07:57 PM
visit the online store guys and contact me for any questions . i am the distributor and i will take care of you . all the info is on the site from comparisons to technical info .

www.aquatronicastore.com

nickjj
05/25/2015, 10:10 PM
The touch unit does everything the older unit did except if you had an Ethernet module you used to be able to receive regularly schedule status updates of your system in an email. This was invaluable for me when I am travelling since I could schedule an email every hour and if I did not receive one I would have someone check my tank.

I'm sure it is something that could be added to the touch in the future. other than that all the same programming capability and it was even directly compatible with the AQ modules and plug bars I have been running for years.

The touch also has better backup to SD, USB flash and USB wireless capability. The new web interface is ok and is better than the Ethernet module interface. Keep in mind the touch integrated the Ethernet module capability into the touch itself.

nickjj
05/29/2015, 01:51 PM
Debating on getting one can anyone tell me are their features that the old did not have other than the touch screen

thanks

dbond if you are interested you could see the Touch in action on my setup. I live in Hamilton which isn't too far a drive from where you are in Mississauga according to your signature.

dbond
05/29/2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks nickjj but I ended up getting another ACQ110 instead for now,,,although my old one still worked the screen was very dim

RobbyG
06/04/2015, 05:08 PM
visit the online store guys and contact me for any questions . i am the distributor and i will take care of you . all the info is on the site from comparisons to technical info .

www.aquatronicastore.com

Now that's what I am taking about, that is a really nice Wesite:thumbsup:
Almost everything is there, only thing left to add is the LED lighting.

RobbyG
06/19/2015, 04:06 PM
Just a quick post to talk about a few Aquatronica Touch controller Rumors.
After spending about 27 or more hours messing with just about every aspect of the AQT140 I found a few things.

1) It does display graphs remotely.

2) The AQT website site look up system is not collecting any controller data. It's simply offering you a free DNS look up service, which is great! If you want you can always program your router directly and use dydns.com to do the same thing, but that has a $5 monthly fee.

3) Remote programming code is IN the touch, it can create programs but it is not finished and needs another revision to add in more features.

4) All the remote plug control items work perfectly along with probes and sensors.

5) Small bug exists when going between programing from directly in the item versus going into the program Widget. I suggest doing all programing via the programing widget until the next release.

6) If a dosing pump program is in operation, it cannot be stopped by erasing the program. The AQT sends the program to the dosing pump and it is executing it already, so erasing the program in the AQT does nothing to stop an in progress program. You will have to manually stop it. Erasing the program does prevent it from running again.

7) SMS module works great. They need to add in Plug status but they do have probe status and you can still text the controller and request info.

8) Wifi connection works good, I ordered one of the recommended modules for $15 on Amazon and it is working good. I still do not like wifi for controller use, so I will of course go back to ethernet when I am ready to do the transfer. BTW AQT needs to add status indicators for the wifi connection.

Robbyg

yukihiko
07/01/2015, 01:59 AM
Hi,
I'm a administrator of AquaMonitor app.
I had gotten Touch Controller "ACQ140" from Masimo-san.
But it does Not work the function of touching the screen.
Therefore I can't improve app for ACQ140.

Aquatronica srl
07/02/2015, 12:52 AM
Hi Yukihiko,
i will contact you directly from service mail to investigate about your issue.
I think will be possible to solve immediately.

yukihiko
07/02/2015, 01:48 AM
Hi Aquatronica SRL,

Thanks for prompt reply.
I am going to update the firmware of ACQ140.

I will improve AquaMonitor for AppleWatch user.
I hope many user use Aquatronica system.

Regards,
Yukihiko

RobbyG
07/06/2015, 01:38 PM
Hi Aquatronica SRL,

Thanks for prompt reply.
I am going to update the firmware of ACQ140.

I will improve AquaMonitor for AppleWatch user.
I hope many user use Aquatronica system.

Regards,
Yukihiko

Yukihiko I am looking forward to that, how long before you might have the ACQ140 software upgrade done.

Regards
Robert

OCEANVIEW ENT
07/11/2015, 11:49 AM
Hello Guys

I just wanted to tell you thank you for all the nice words about Aquatronica and advices. If any of you need any information or product please contact me or the

www.aquatronicastore.com

I will take care of anything you need . We will be working very hard in the next few months to launch some new features and modules. We will keep you informed. I will also be offering savings at MACNA and to reef central users.

Thank You

Errico

RobbyG
07/15/2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks Errico, I will be in touch when I am ready to get more stuff.

All the best

kirsto71
07/16/2015, 03:46 AM
I am looking to update to the touch controller. I have the original ACQ001 controller. Can you export the setup from it and import it to the new touch controller?

Thanks

RobbyG
07/16/2015, 03:58 PM
I am looking to update to the touch controller. I have the original ACQ001 controller. Can you export the setup from it and import it to the new touch controller?

Thanks

I doubt it.
All you need to do is either write down your settings or have a video camera rolling as you scroll through the different programs. I can tell you a few things. The touch can do everything the older controller could do and its a lot easier to program once you get the hang of it.

kirsto71
07/28/2015, 04:15 AM
When you setup the Touch how many seperate pages can you have to display widgets?

wcharon
07/28/2015, 06:25 AM
Hi...

I am in the market for a Controller and went to the Website but didn't find a comparison chart so i can compare what equipment is included with their features and make my decision. Their is chart but it is only for the Controller ACQ 115/ ACQ 140.

Do you have a chart handy???

Thanks in advance...

OCEANVIEW ENT
07/28/2015, 09:00 AM
Hello wCharon

Please email me at [email protected] and I will gladly help you with your purchase request. I respond instantly on that email.

The site will indicate what the package consist of and all the additional products are compatible with both the 155 and 140 kits.

Please feel free to contact through here or my email.

Errico Tropiano
www.aquatronicastore.com

wcharon
07/28/2015, 10:51 AM
Thanks. I shoot you an email.

kirsto71
07/29/2015, 06:17 AM
Hello wCharon

Please email me at [email protected] and I will gladly help you with your purchase request. I respond instantly on that email.

The site will indicate what the package consist of and all the additional products are compatible with both the 155 and 140 kits.

Please feel free to contact through here or my email.

Errico Tropiano
www.aquatronicastore.com

I am purchasing the new Touch controller and I can't say enough about how helpful Errico has been in answering my emails and helping me out with my purchase. The service from Aquatronica seems as good as it gets and I look forward to a continued use of my system which seems to grow every year. Can't wait for the Touch. I have had no issues with my system other than a level & temp module that died after four years (and considering how many modules, interfaces and power bars I have) that's pretty good.

wcharon
07/29/2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Yes he has been amazing with his response. Still gatherine information. Thanks.

OCEANVIEW ENT
07/29/2015, 08:21 AM
Thank You guys. Very nice of you.

The goal is to have a constant around the clock access to the questions on reef central and the website. The european timezone and Eastern timezone make this sort of possible.

In the past support was an issue with language and time difference. These have been sorted out with a USA HOTLINE, access to Technical support online, live chat and of course the distributer ( me ) direct access number. I find in order to make this work you need to know we are there for support. Most newbies do not understand everything about a controller, i realize that. This is the only way to do this right.

If anything please feel free to contact me .
[email protected] is my direct access.

I try to visit this site often as well

Enjoy

kirsto71
08/05/2015, 03:01 AM
Just got my Touch today. Can't wait to find some time to set it up and start playing. Can't say enough about how easy it was to order from Errico and Aquatronica. Shipped soooo quick and they answered all my questions. Can't wait to see what the next additions are to the Aquatronica line up.

OCEANVIEW ENT
08/05/2015, 05:55 AM
Thank You Guys

I really appreciate the kind words.

NOTE :

I will be on vacation from AUG 07- Aug 23 with no mobile or email access. Please feel free to contact

[email protected]
1-631-663-1553 service number

The office in Italy will gladly answer any of your questions. I appreaciate your patience .

Have a great summer

kirsto71
08/14/2015, 04:53 AM
I programmed my new touch today. I noticed in some screens that the language changed too Italian. For example when programming the water leak sensor if used Italian for the conditions - wet or dry. Anyone else seen this.

Also my software version is listed as 3.1.0. Is that the most recent?

RobbyG
08/17/2015, 09:23 PM
I programmed my new touch today. I noticed in some screens that the language changed too Italian. For example when programming the water leak sensor if used Italian for the conditions - wet or dry. Anyone else seen this.

Also my software version is listed as 3.1.0. Is that the most recent?

Did it work right at first and then change? Mine is still working fine, maybe it there is a bug in the firmware, any ideas on what happened before the change?

BTW on the firmware did you mean 3.0.1 because that is the beta version I am running.

Rob

Monolicious
12/27/2016, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I am having trouble setting up the email side of things on the touch controller.
I have set up the Gmail account as requested however I get an error sending mail message every time I try to send a test message.

I use the 465 port and enter my user name and password as described but still get the error sending mail message.

I have told Gmail to allow less secure apps also.

I am also running the latest firmware version.

I can send myself emails from my computer and receive them just fine but the controller is having trouble sending emails. Any suggestions.

Regards

Peter

hani
12/28/2016, 07:54 PM
Same issue here after the update

hani
12/29/2016, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know how to reload the old firmware?

hani
01/01/2017, 05:31 AM
Hi peter,
I was able to make it work with hotmail for some reason I can't make it work with gmail, here is what to do:
Create a hotmail account :([email protected])
Port 587
TLS ,ON
smtp.live.com

Try that and report back.
Happy new year
Hani

Monolicious
01/01/2017, 06:16 PM
Hi Hani,

Tried your suggestion and still not working :headwally::headwally:

hani
01/01/2017, 07:58 PM
Do you have a screen shot of your setup?

Monolicious
01/01/2017, 09:32 PM
Screen shot attached

hani
01/02/2017, 05:20 AM
Which firmware version are you using?
It will not work with SSL you need TLS
You screen don't look like mine am running 4.6

Monolicious
01/02/2017, 07:04 PM
Firmware is 4.6.0

hani
01/02/2017, 07:15 PM
This looks different than the early picture? Are you still getting the same error messages.

Monolicious
01/02/2017, 07:19 PM
Hi Hani,

First pic was a screen shot from my computer second shots were of the unit itself.

I am still getting the error msg.

hani
01/02/2017, 07:27 PM
But the setting looks different on the computer. Are you connected with LAN or wireless ?

hani
01/02/2017, 07:33 PM
Any screen pic of your internet setting on the touch?

Monolicious
01/02/2017, 07:43 PM
Connected by Wireless Hani

hani
01/03/2017, 09:59 AM
Are you sending the test mail using your computer? Try sending the test mail from the unit directly while computer disconnected.
I was looking to see the internet setting on the unit not the pic?

Heckler70
01/04/2017, 05:29 PM
I had this issue as well. Gmail also stopped working with the previous firmware. Maybe Google changed something?
I used a Comcast account and had no issue. Could not get my Gmail to work anymore.

UKMarineGuy
01/10/2017, 08:06 AM
Getting my acq140 this week.... can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heckler70
01/11/2017, 04:49 PM
Awesome! You will love it.
I couldn't keep a tank without a controller now.

UKMarineGuy
02/06/2017, 09:42 AM
Got it but the dlink wifi not working since the latest update :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heckler70
02/06/2017, 04:26 PM
You mentioned that and I have been wondering why in the past few days I haven't been able to view remotely. I just checked. All DHCP data gone. Wont repopulate. I also use a Dlink off the suggested list. Never had an issue with it.

This worked for me.
Turn off Wifi interface. Reboot control head.
Go back in and turn back on Wifi. Let it reconfigure.
I can now view remotely. Working OK.