PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bryopsis tech m people

One fish
05/11/2015, 09:50 PM
Hey guys. I have had bryopsis for almost two months now. I am using tech m and have had my magnesium level at 1700 for about two weeks. My bryopsis has not been affected other than a slight change in color. Do I need to raise my mg up more? Also, should I be ripping this stuff off the rock or will that cause it to spread?

dukduk
05/11/2015, 09:52 PM
Not too high if you have any snails or other inverts...they die

carmexx
05/11/2015, 11:27 PM
I have battled bryopsis since i established my tank from a shipment of uncured rock and lack of experience in curing rock before i put it in. Well anyway I used tech m for a lengthy period of time maintaining a level of 1700-1800 believe it or not. I am talking months. I manually removed it seeing it turning white and was very slow in growing back but i never completely eradicated it. And I found that other algae soon took it's place in the tank. Well I stopped dosing and am back at normal levels (1350) and just manually remove at each water change 2 times a week. Oh and I upgraded tanks and acid washed all my rock but I still used only DRY rock to start my tank. There were a few small pieces that made it into my new tank with coral on them. Still battling it to this day...7 years later.

fishgate
05/12/2015, 05:43 AM
I got rid of it with AlgaFix Marine. 2 half doses was all it took.