PDA

View Full Version : leather toadstool

stu1
05/12/2015, 12:47 PM
Hi all

I've had a leather toadstool now for over a year. Recently it's shriveled slightly and I noticed the middle started to turn a lighter colour. There is no hole however a small lump has started to rise in the middle. Could the mushroom be creating another. Pics attached. Thank you in advance.

Dkuhlmann
05/12/2015, 03:28 PM
How much flow is on it, they need a good amount of flow so they can shed. Without the flow they can't shed, very well could be what's going on here.

stu1
05/12/2015, 03:49 PM
How much flow is on it, they need a good amount of flow so they can shed. Without the flow they can't shed, very well could be what's going on here.

OK great thank you. I brought a jeabo rw 4 I have a 20 gallon tank. I have it on the lowest setting as I didn't want to blow everything away as it's powerful but I will crank it up a bit now knowing that I need more flow. Thank you for the suggestion.

Maskpainter67
05/12/2015, 04:00 PM
+1 on the flow

lostintheocean
05/29/2015, 12:56 PM
do you ever notice anything collecting in that spot, detritus? If so this can cause holes to form in leathers and kill them, more or adjusted flow will resolve this if its the issue.