PDA

View Full Version : Apex vs reef keeper?

cliff1992
05/13/2015, 05:02 PM
Ok so there isn't alot of info on how they work. I know the apex is a little more advanced with mobile control of the system but I had a few questions. I know the apex can make pulse waves with the power heads as in 1 second on and off back and forth between the wavemakers. But can the reef keeper do the same thing? It doesn't really say. I've been old fashion since I started out with timers and manually topping off the system. It's starting to get time consuming and I'm looking to upgrade tanks so I want the system to be more self reliant. is there any advantages to apex gives over the reef keeper?

ca1ore
05/13/2015, 05:07 PM
I have an apex; never had a reefkeeper. Imagine it's fine. Reason I went with Apex was that I figured it's got the largest installed base and is the market leader ..... thus they're likely to innovate more and be around longer to provide support.

pja24
05/13/2015, 07:24 PM
Had both. Go with Apex!

n2585722
05/13/2015, 08:24 PM
The Archon is DA's latest controller. The Reefkeeper have be out several years. The modules are compatible with both with a few exceptions. So you will probably want to compare it with the Apex.

DaveMorris
05/13/2015, 10:55 PM
In answer to your question, yes the RKE and the Archon can do the wave maker function that you describe.