PDA

View Full Version : Gen2 XR30W fan specs.

bbart12
05/14/2015, 10:18 AM
My wife has come to the conclusion that my 3 Radion fans are to loud for our living room and that I should see if there is something I can do about making it more quite.

I should start with the disclaimer that I understand that any modifications that do are at my own risk (and warrantee removal) and if you intend to use any of this information you should be willing to accept the same.

Having said that. I have taken the Radions apart in the past to install wide angle TIR lenses so I know that the fans are essentially computer fans and what I would call middle of the road devices.
What I am after is the spec sheet for the fans so that I can match/exceed their specs as far as CFM rating at what I hope is a reduced Db rating.
I would also like the specs for the fan port on the Radion logic board so that I can make sure not to exceed the specs for that port and its relationship to the fan.

If EcoTech is unwilling to provide this information please if you would please just put a comment in the thread and close it so that I am aware.

Alex Y EcoTech
05/14/2015, 01:28 PM
Bart,

I would recommend contacting us directly to discuss lowering the noise on your fans. 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2

bbart12
05/14/2015, 01:59 PM
Will do