PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish breeding

alfiestaines
05/15/2015, 05:32 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this so bare with me, I had a 90L nano tank for around 2 years which I decide to shut down as I was moving and wanted to upgrade anyway so now after quite a while I have started up my new tank which is a aquareef 195 which is doing great, everything is there is doing brilliantly aswell now this has been up for around 3 months.
I went to the Lfs 2 weeks ago to buy a QT as I know I need one and at the moment I only have one fish in my aquareef 195, anyway after I purchased the QT which is a aquanano 40 (55L) and set it all up I actually love the look of it on my bedside table so instead to using this a QT I have decided I will attempt to breed some clownfish so that is what I am here for to see what knowledge people can give me on the breeding side of things? What should I put in the tank? Should it just be the pair of clowns in there? Ect ect...
Also I will be buying another basic tank for a QT as I don't want to end up buying another nice one that I end up sticking with more fish and corals [emoji23][emoji23]

I have attached a picture of the new aquanano 40 (55L) just for reference, I used my DT water to fill it and put some live rock rubble for my sump into the back of this thing and it has completed its cycle with a very little ammionia spike but I will still be waiting another 4 weeks or so before I add the clowns as I want to set up the other QT in a few days so I just want to learn as much about breeding these fish as possible before I start it all

Thanks in advance guys and girls.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/d8159d475c5b379a3865d2ec0f9746c3.jpg

mygoosey
09/15/2015, 07:34 AM
Just put two Clowbfish in there with a garden pot and feed them alot