PDA

View Full Version : DIY 40BR stand advice...

Devaji108
05/18/2015, 04:27 PM
Ok I am back in and have build 2 stands in the past form Rocket's template...
one for a 75 and the other was a short 40br stand that was going to be a display fuge...

have the 40br& stand away when moving and now it's a bearded dragon home.

so back to this build. 40br with a 29H sump. let me know if you see any problems with these numbers. I think i will stick with 2x4 vr the 1x4 as i don't have a pocket drill. ( i don't have a drill in general be be borrowing tools form friends)

33" H X 36 1/4 W (long) X 18 1/4" D
the top of the tank would be 50"
* i added the 1/4" for the black edge on the tank. think i should go a 1/2" that would give me a lil more wiggle room.

my sump hight is 18" so the 2x 1.5 for the 2x4 would give me 30" sump space.
plenty of room to play with don't you think?

i thing the sump can slid in and out with a cpl iches to spare..it 30" w

any feed back before i start building tomorrow would be great.
cheers

sleepydoc
05/19/2015, 08:43 AM
You have to be the judge of what a good viewing height is. As far as sump room, I made my stand at 38" high, giving me 34" total head room under my tank, 18" above the edge of the sump and am very happy with the room I've got. 12" above the sump might be a bit narrow, depending on what equipment you have.

I'd try putting your sump on the floor and placing a board, piece of plywood, or something similar 12" above it to see if you're happy with he headroom.

booth2010
05/19/2015, 11:42 AM
I would go 36.5" x 18.5" D for that little extra bit of wiggle. However at those dimensions you may not be able to fit the sump tank in, keep that in mind. I do not know the dimensions of a 29H but just something to take into consideration.