PDA

View Full Version : my gig treatment routine

tassy
05/20/2015, 02:31 PM
this is my second gig I received from LA. these are regular size out of the invert section. first one was not treated at all and did the inflate and deflate cycle to death lasted 2 weeks. looked great for the first few days then went downhill. the second one I started treating upon arrival was so excited I dosed it right after acclimation during the day and didn't wait till night.10 gallon.glass aquarium 5 gallons of water 125 milligrams of cipro. changed 3 gallons of water a day, dosed at night.used a little desktop light for the last 2 days cuz it started bleaching. It balled up and went pancake looking within the first 12 hours. never deflated after that.Was kept in at for 5 doses/nights. it's in the DT looking good,very bleached with small patches of the zoo that is very faint. Mouth is tight, holding off on feeding. Any suggestions or comments are welcome any questions about the procedure are also welcome.

hope this helps somebody

Thnx

John

tassy
05/20/2015, 02:43 PM
Ooops. Almost forgot. Maxijet 400 for circulation and a Walmart 50 watt set it and forget it thermometer. That kept the water at 78 degrees.

ThRoewer
05/20/2015, 02:46 PM
I treated mine pretty much the same.
Did yours bleach? Mine did but is otherwise doing good after treatment. I have it for a month now and it is slowly recovering some color now.

D-Nak
05/20/2015, 03:04 PM
this is my second gig I received from LA. these are regular size out of the invert section. first one was not treated at all and did the inflate and deflate cycle to death lasted 2 weeks. looked great for the first few days then went downhill. the second one I started treating upon arrival was so excited I dosed it right after acclimation during the day and didn't wait till night.10 gallon.glass aquarium 5 gallons of water 125 milligrams of cipro. changed 3 gallons of water a day, dosed at night.used a little desktop light for the last 2 days cuz it started bleaching. It balled up and went pancake looking within the first 12 hours. never deflated after that.Was kept in at for 5 doses/nights. it's in the DT looking good,very bleached with small patches of the zoo that is very faint. Mouth is tight, holding off on feeding. Any suggestions or comments are welcome any questions about the procedure are also welcome.

hope this helps somebody

Thnx

John

Sounds about right. Good job. Got photos to share? Always nice to see a gig recovering nicely.

tassy
05/20/2015, 03:11 PM
will try to load some photos later will have to get my kid in on that one not very computer literate and yes the anemone bleached all white except for a couple small patches a very faint zoo. does anybody have a thread or suggestions on uploading photos.

Thnx

D-Nak
05/20/2015, 03:17 PM
does anybody have a thread or suggestions on uploading photos.

I use Photobucket. It's free and easy to use. You upload your photos to Photobucket to create a library. Each photo will have a link that can be used when posting photos on threads such as these. You simply copy and paste the link, and then the image appears in your post.

tassy
05/20/2015, 06:26 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm174/johnwolfram5/20150520_164329_zpstcuvvhpg.jpg

tassy
05/20/2015, 06:29 PM
not sure how to get the actual pictures there

ocellaris123
05/20/2015, 06:53 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm174/johnwolfram5/20150520_164329_zpstcuvvhpg.jpg~original

There you go

tassy
05/20/2015, 06:57 PM
awesome thanks

ThRoewer
05/20/2015, 07:59 PM
I like the percula. Look like wild ones from the Solomon Island.

For how long do you have them in this anemone?
Mine started loosing their black backs after a few days.

tassy
05/20/2015, 08:49 PM
the clown just went into the anemone today. I've had that clown for about 3 or 4 months. I do believe that is a wild caught. the other one is from rods and I've had about 8 years.the female from rods jumped. it was a sad day. anemones only been in the tank for 3 days