PDA

View Full Version : Menella Sp. Questions

easterly81
05/21/2015, 01:09 PM
I have a nps tank with a yellow menella, blue berry gorgonia and sun corals in this tank which are growing and doing great. My menella has not grown. I feed it daily and it has good polyp extension but the top is slowly dying. I known the menella is nps but does it require some light? My tanks is pretty dim. I read this coral grow from the tips. Being that the tips are damage is it not recoverable. This piece has a good amount of glue around the base which covers some of the flesh. I read that glue on the flesh is also bad. Would it be worth cutting and regluing. I don't really want to stress it out anymore but I was wondering if this could be what is wrong. I was wonder what i should do. I have had this frag for 1.5 months thanks.

Nemato
05/22/2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry just replyed in the old thread

Fallling
05/27/2015, 02:12 PM
I had a purple one for over a year with decent grow... not like photosynthetic ones, but decent (lost it after moving the tank and it didn't get fed for several weeks as everything was kept in holding container).

If tissue isn't receding at base, I wouldn't remount it myself. I know superglue can be bad for gorgs, but I haven't had a problem myself when it's happened. If the tips are receding, I'd consider trimming it down to healthy part and watch it from there. Make sure there's no algae building up on it.

I had cyano building up on my yellow menella that started tissue necrosis. The dark purple/red tissue made it hard to realize what was happening, but have it under control now, and tissue is growing back.

easterly81
05/30/2015, 05:14 PM
It's still looks about the same. The tissue at the base still look healthy even covered with glue. Here are some new pictures. The pics in the op was from about when I got it 2 months ago.319141319142