PDA

View Full Version : anemones gone in won't come out

ehaleyjr18
05/22/2015, 05:17 PM
I have had a long tentacle Japanese red anemone for 3 years with no issues. It has split 4 times and is the centre piece of our system. My Son added a red algae eliminating fluid which was supposed to not harm anything but red algae. Well our large xenia melted away and our anemones drew in and won't open. Have enacted several H2O changes and checked chemistry nothing seems out of line. Please help with these anemones.

kwsjimmy
05/22/2015, 06:17 PM
Most chemicals and medications are no invertable compatable, lots of water changes and patience. Do you have a qt tank you can put it in

urbanrat84
05/22/2015, 06:47 PM
Did you make sure there was good surface agitation and/or add an airstone during application? A drop in oxygen could have been the cause.

ThRoewer
05/22/2015, 06:48 PM
What product did you use to eliminate "red algae"?

And what kind of algae, if any, where those? The red slime you sometimes see is actually a bacterium.

ehaleyjr18
05/25/2015, 08:54 PM
Urbanrat84 I did not check closely with my son during application. We did not have good surface agitation. I'm sure you are correct about oxygen levels dropping. I have added an air stone. I also made a 20% water change kwsjimmy. I will try to be patient. I'm hopeing my clowns will convince them to open. The product name is Chemiclean THRoewer. Thanks for all the information.