PDA

View Full Version : Royal gramma questions

juniorrocketdad
05/22/2015, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone,
So I have a 34 gallon mixed reef and am trying to get an idea of my stocking options, right now I have a sixline and a bicolor blenny, in the future I am getting some variation of an ocelarris and a long nose hawkfish will be the last edition to help with aggression issues. Anyway so I'm considering adding the royal gramma but I feel like my sixline might become aggressive since they both share the same habitat. My sixline hasn't bothered anyone yet but I want to not put any other fish that it could see as competing for territory. I know they can become aggressive but In experience and extensive research almost any fish can have their aggression tamed if their is nothing impeding on its territory

Reefvet
05/22/2015, 09:13 PM
The Royal Gramma is a beautiful fish but very territorial. Your Sixline already owns the tank, though he may not show aggression to your bicolor I assure he'll go head-to-head with the RG until one of them dies. The Hawk isn't a fish that swims in open water very much so he's borderline compatible.

For general questions like your's I'd highly recommend the forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1) right above this one.

juniorrocketdad
05/23/2015, 05:51 AM
Yah that was my suspicion with the sixline so I'll find a fish that has completely different territory

ThRoewer
05/24/2015, 11:10 PM
Royal Grammas are wussies and not really great fighters. I never tried them with sixlines but wouldn't expect those two to get into fights as both have different feeding habits.