PDA

View Full Version : How to trap a sixline

juniorrocketdad
05/23/2015, 06:06 PM
My sixline is bullying my new pair of ocelarris clowns and I want to put him in a ten gallon I set up so he can be by himself, the second I put the net in the water he darts for cover, how do I trap this nasty little fish

juniorrocketdad
05/23/2015, 06:41 PM
If I can't trap it how do I save the clowns

ThRoewer
05/23/2015, 07:06 PM
Use a trap with a mirror at the end. They are very sneaky and smell a trap and won't go in even with the most delicious food as bait. But if they see another sixline that isn't submissive to them they forget all caution and try to discipline that intruder.
I caught many of them that way and with the mirror they are so busy fighting with themselves that they often only notice that they were trapped at the time you take the trap out of the tank.

Martini5788
05/23/2015, 07:53 PM
Use a trap with a mirror at the end. They are very sneaky and smell a trap and won't go in even with the most delicious food as bait. But if they see another sixline that isn't submissive to them they forget all caution and try to discipline that intruder.

I caught many of them that way and with the mirror they are so busy fighting with themselves that they often only notice that they were trapped at the time you take the trap out of the tank.

That is genius