Copperband bt
05/25/2015, 04:27 PM
Neither will eliminate ich.

I know the uv kill only what is passing through
I know it's not gonna eliminate ich
I am just asking what is the differant and how it's work

zechirian
05/25/2015, 04:35 PM
I personally went the UV route and will see how that goes. I got the Corallife turbo twist 16x on my new 120. Won't be on for the first month but after everything has settled down from the move i'm hoping to reduce the risk of parasites as well as polish the water. :)

billsreef
05/25/2015, 06:19 PM
To use ozone to sterilize water, you need to ozonate the water until the redox hits 800mv or better, and maintain that for about 15 minutes. Something that is not happening in the standard ozone reactor or via ozone injected into a protein skimmer.

Copperband bt
05/26/2015, 12:31 AM
To use ozone to sterilize water, you need to ozonate the water until the redox hits 800mv or better, and maintain that for about 15 minutes. Something that is not happening in the standard ozone reactor or via ozone injected into a protein skimmer.

Can yo explane more !!!

d2mini
05/26/2015, 05:23 AM
Can yo explane more !!!

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-03/rhf/index.php

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/saltwater-reef/feature-articles/ozone-vs-ultraviolet-comparing-two-common-sterilization-techniques-full-article.htm

billsreef
05/26/2015, 11:25 AM
Can yo explane more !!!

It's a bit complicated to get detailed, but the short story is you need a very high rate of ozone and very large ozone reactor designed in such a way to allow a decent throughput of water, all while maintaining a very high redox. Then you need to rapidly bring that redox down to something that won't hurt the fish, in addition to plenty of fresh carbon to remove the hypobromous acid that will be created in the ozone reactor. All in all, it will be require much more space than a properly sized UV sterilizer, and be more expensive.