PDA

View Full Version : New Clownfish introduction questions!!

ChuckNasty
05/27/2015, 05:10 PM
Hey guys, First off, I'll give you some of my specs, I have a 24 Gallon tank, which has been running for about 2 months. I have an Ocellaris Clown Fish that is very healthy, and bold in color which Ive had for about 2 weeks. Today, I introduced a new Clown of the same species, that I purchased from Live Aquaria.

So all of that being said, I have a few questions...

1. The new Clown is very pale, and not nearly like the one I already have, will this go away, or did I get a bad Clown?

2. The new Clown is much bigger than the one that was already in my tank, could this present a problem? The new Clown is about 2" and my old one is only about 1" - 1.25"

Any help would be awesome!

\Clownfish/
05/27/2015, 07:13 PM
I hope you quarantine all your fish :clown:

The pale clown should regain his color in time, he might be getting chased by the larger clown which is stressing him a bit, which is normal because she is trying to display dominance.

I think the size should be fine, that's how I introduced mine. :)

Young347
05/27/2015, 08:40 PM
The new clown is stressed from the move color should return in a day or 2 and the size is np they will not one another until one is dominate and most likely become the female witch is supposed to happen

thegrun
05/27/2015, 09:22 PM
You will have better luck introducing a smaller clownfish that the one you already have, but it seems to be too late for that now. It's hard to say if the smaller of the two clowns has started to change to a female yet, but if it has the fish will fight, if not you may get lucky, but clownfish like people do not always get along with each other and it can take several introductions before you find a compatible pair.

ChuckNasty
05/28/2015, 01:14 PM
No I dont have a QT, is that super important? I dont have two tanks, so I didnt think I could. But it sounds like being pale is supposed to happen.

scooter31707
05/28/2015, 01:18 PM
Being pale is not normal. When you get pale, that means you are sick or not feeling good, right? So you need to invest in a quarantine tank, 10 gallon tank, you can get them now for like a $1 per gallon. Quarantine your fish for at least 6 weeks before going into your display tank.

youcallmenny
05/28/2015, 03:19 PM
Never had that happen but maybe trade him in?