PDA

View Full Version : New Anemone

texdoc77
05/28/2015, 09:55 AM
I recently purchased a new green bubble tip anemone from petsolutions.com. After acclimation I placed him on top of the live rock to get as much light as possible. However, it jumped/floated down off the rock and to the sandy substrate and is now on the bottom seemingly happy.

I have a typical 55gal tank with two current orbit LED lights that give 46W per strand for a total of 92, I know this is less than currently recommended which is why I tried to get it to stay up top. My question is will he "climb" back up the rocks if the lighting is not good? My clown already found it and slept inside it last night...

Rubasu
05/28/2015, 10:00 AM
He will go wherever he likes the lighting and flow. I had one before that seemed to love to move to the other side of the rocks. Kind of annoying...

davocean
05/28/2015, 12:00 PM
Agree it will go wherever it wants, be happy if that is a spot where it is visible.

Reefflapper
05/28/2015, 01:43 PM
Yep, no worries. The Nems will travel where ever and when ever it want's too. I have been lucky with Nems that I have they go to one place and stay for the duration that I have it in the tank. They are just Rainbow anemones, but really nice ones.

BigCountry74
05/29/2015, 01:18 PM
X2

The only thing you need to watch out for when they go walk-a-bout is your powerheads. :D

juscalmej
05/29/2015, 02:29 PM
He will move around. Not 100% on your setup but in addition to your powerheads, you'll need to watch your overflow as well.