PDA

View Full Version : apex/ asks for pass, but nothing happens?

1mbrews8
05/31/2015, 06:00 PM
so the apex "disconnects" every once in a while? Maybe due to ip changing?
In any event, I can type in apex/ and the pop up for user/pass will come up. I type it in and it starts to work... top of page window says aquacontroller... but page is blank.

Fusion can "see" the apex (has a red exclamation point), but when i click on it, says:
This Apex isn't presently connected to Fusion.

I do have a display...

what do i dooooooo?

Thx!

1mbrews8
05/31/2015, 06:01 PM
Diag...
i have current firmware:
This Apex is running firmware version 4.34_4F15, which is current. There's no need to update at this time

Connection Status

This Apex is not presently connected to Fusion.

Connection History

This Apex hasn't connected to Fusion during the past 24 hours.

Recommendations

This Apex hasn't connected to Fusion in at least 24 hours. Commonly, this results from the Apex being physically disconnected from the network, e.g., a loose cable or bad Wi-Fi adapter, or incorrect network configuration on the Apex. Please review the sections below for assistance.

kurt_n
05/31/2015, 08:41 PM
Not really sure what you're trying to say in that last post, but you could have several issues going on - hard to tell.

As far as the local connection giving you a log on, but then a blank page, have you tried to refresh the screen? Sometimes, when using Firefox, my page is blank until I refresh... or it takes 10-15 seconds to finally load/repaint the screen. If you see the "aquacontroller" text at the top of the page, you're logged in and you don't have a connection issue - you just can't see the page!

As far as Fusion... I can't help much since I don't use it. But it sounds like you have it set up correctly, but just can't connect with it. How is the Apex wired to your router? Is it hard wired, or do you have a wireless connection? Fusion doesn't care about your IP address changing, so that's not the issue - the Apex pushes out info to the Fusion server.

1mbrews8
06/01/2015, 09:53 AM
thx for the reply~

I have tried refreshing... doesnt work.
I am using Chrome..
ATT 7550 has a black ethernet cord going to apex control unit, so I guess that is hardwired..

on head unit, the ip address is http://192.168.1.122 when i type that in to a window, nothing happens for a while, then the login pop up happens. Then it thinks again for a really long time. AquaController Apex shows at top... still thinks....the address goes to http://192.168.1.122/nstatus.sht... and keeps thinking... sometimes "page unresponsive", sometimes page not found, etc...

HELP!

Fusion was great! very easy to set up and use. but this every once in a while no workie thing is sooooo annoying lol!

slief
06/01/2015, 01:24 PM
thx for the reply~

I have tried refreshing... doesnt work.
I am using Chrome..
ATT 7550 has a black ethernet cord going to apex control unit, so I guess that is hardwired..

on head unit, the ip address is http://192.168.1.122 when i type that in to a window, nothing happens for a while, then the login pop up happens. Then it thinks again for a really long time. AquaController Apex shows at top... still thinks....the address goes to http://192.168.1.122/nstatus.sht... and keeps thinking... sometimes "page unresponsive", sometimes page not found, etc...

HELP!

Fusion was great! very easy to set up and use. but this every once in a while no workie thing is sooooo annoying lol!

This definitely sounds like a network issue. You might try changing the port number for your Apex. I've seen similar issues where the router starts blocking the default port (80) or something on the network conflicts with it. As far as the blank browser, try clearing your browsers cache. Lastly, I would check your routers network connections and make sure there is nothing else on the network that could be using the same IP address as your Apex.

kurt_n
06/01/2015, 09:10 PM
Agree... it's more than likely a network issue. Your browser is seeing the Apex so the connection is there. It's just not consistent - which would also make sense why Fusion isn't "seeing" your Apex.