PDA

View Full Version : 90 Gal FOWLR - Suggestions on Stocking List

martyff26
05/31/2015, 10:47 PM
Hello, I am a noob and wanted to get some feedback on my stocking list and which order to add. Can anyone help?

I currently have a FOWLR setup but am contemplating adding some corals. I have a 90gal tank that is deep with about 90-100 lbs of live rock. It’s been up and running for a couple months now with good water conditions (0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 5 Nitrate, 8.1 PH, 1.025).

Currently I have:
Trochus snails
Narrisus snails
Red legged Hermits
(2) Picasso Clownfish

I want to add the following (not sure of the order yet):
(1) Diamond Watchman Goby
(3) Blue/Green Chromis
(2) Bengai Cardinalfish
(1) Royal Gramma
(2) Firefish
(1) Powder Blue Tang
(1) One spot Foxface

Is this too many fish for a 90 gal tank? I’ve read that most of these are peaceful except the PBT (which I will add last).

BigBlueTang
06/01/2015, 03:11 PM
Hello, I am a noob and wanted to get some feedback on my stocking list and which order to add. Can anyone help?

I currently have a FOWLR setup but am contemplating adding some corals. I have a 90gal tank that is deep with about 90-100 lbs of live rock. It’s been up and running for a couple months now with good water conditions (0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 5 Nitrate, 8.1 PH, 1.025).

Currently I have:
Trochus snails
Narrisus snails
Red legged Hermits
(2) Picasso Clownfish

(1) Diamond Watchman Goby
(3) Blue/Green Chromis
(2) Bengai Cardinalfish
(1) Royal Gramma
(2) Firefish
(1) Powder Blue Tang
(1) One spot Foxface

Is this too many fish for a 90 gal tank? I’ve read that most of these are peaceful except the PBT (which I will add last).

The Powder Blue Tang will quickly outgrow the tank and could kill everything in there if it wants to.. RC's rec for Powder Blue's is a 125. Now that may not seem like a lot, but it is the difference between a four foot tank and a six foot tank. Also, ask Steve (Snorvich) in the stickies in the new to the hobby fish purchases.

ChimolaFish
06/02/2015, 10:37 AM
(1) Diamond Watchman Goby- they get a lot larger than liveaquaria reports when full grown, but should be fine
(3) Blue/Green Chromis- only one
(2) Bengai Cardinalfish- only one unless a pair (no sexing info)
(1) Royal Gramma- fine
(2) Firefish-fine
(1) Powder Blue Tang-absolutely not
(1) One spot Foxface- get every bit as large as foxface lo, liveaquaria is wrong, so no