PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice please....

mmarisca
06/02/2015, 08:13 AM
Have a 90 gallon tank that I believe is infected with ich as a result of an introduction of a powder blue tang (after a successful QT period) that met its demise. He just never adapted to the tank, never ate and got really sick and died. My Kole Tang and two true percula clowns are now infected with white dots but my cardinal looks fine. A couple months ago I thought my kole tang and one clown were sick but they seemed to fight off what was ailing them and the spots went away and got back to perfect health. These fish have been ailing for a week and the Kole Tang seems to be getting worse. I have tried to get them into the QT where I have a Blue Chromis waiting his chance for the big time. I cannot catch them and do not want to take my rocks and coral apart to do so.

Is my only recourse to somehow get the fish out of there and go fallow for 72 days? Can I take just the sick fish out and leave the cardinal in there?

Really frustrated by this as things were going well. I guess I learned my lesson not to add the 2nd tang in this sized tank.

Thanks.

snorvich
06/02/2015, 08:40 AM
Cryptocaryon irritans (marine ich) comes and goes. I suggest you read the stickies (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389659) on cryptocaryon irritans and tank transfer. Your tank has ich; it can be eliminated if done properly.

mmarisca
06/02/2015, 08:52 AM
snorvich, thanks for the note. I've read your stickies. I have one QT tank. My only real option here is to get the fish in there and treat with copper, no? And then make my DT fallow?

snorvich
06/02/2015, 09:44 AM
snorvich, thanks for the note. I've read your stickies. I have one QT tank. My only real option here is to get the fish in there and treat with copper, no? And then make my DT fallow?

That is probably the only option under the circumstances. Tank transfer is better because it is a sure thing. Copper requires constant monitoring to keep the copper level at the right level.