PDA

View Full Version : aqueon cue 5 gal tank and corals question

BrendaddyK
06/05/2015, 07:31 PM
Very new to owning a saltwater tank myself and even more new to trying to grow corals. I have the aqueon cue 5 gallon tank (something I can bring with me when I go to college this fall) I'm not really sure how powerful my light is and what kind of corals I can grow with it. I mainly want to add some color with it to contrast with my black background and black sand I added over my white crushed coral. I currently have a Duncan coral and what I believe is a trumpet coral in there that really open up when the light is on, but I have them higher up on my live rock to keep them near the light. So I guess after the long explanation my question is what kinds of corals will grow with the light that came with my tank and what are some corals I can put lower in the tank maybe on the sand and crushed coral that will still grow. (If it matters I have 3 small astrea snails, 5 tiny hermit crabs, and one much larger snail with a long elephant like trunk that burrows itself into the sand.)

BrendaddyK
06/11/2015, 11:10 PM
my fish tank now (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Brenden_Kittleson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150611_111722_zpshy0r7dwn.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0)

pyithar
06/12/2015, 12:02 AM
i have no experience with aqueon tank light but if your lps are growing, you could get more lps like acans and brains. mushrooms and zoanthids are also colorful and they'll still grow even if the lighting is not intense.