PDA

View Full Version : Bean animal setup for a 250g question

natas
06/07/2015, 09:47 AM
I am in the early planning stages for a new tank. I am looking to have a custom 250g built very soon. Before I pull the trigger I need to figure out my overflow setup. Unfortunently I am at a disadvantage because I will not be able to set this large tank in a dedicated room. This leaves me with not being able to put the overflow squarely in the center of the tank. I want to be able to adjust the flow and also work on it in case of plumbing leaks. So I believe I have two choices. Set the bean animal up on the side or plumb it on the back corner.

Will either of these choices cause any weaknesses in the tank? Would I be able to setup a coast to coast overflow and be ok with the plumbing to the far right way or left?

Does anyone here have a similar setup the care to share pics with?

fishgate
06/08/2015, 07:02 AM
If you are doing a coast to coast it doesn't matter where you put the holes. Just have a "hole" spacing between each hole and the edge of the tank.

mcgyvr
06/08/2015, 10:45 AM
Its fine to have the plumbing on one side.. BUT I would heavily slope the bottom of the c2c towards the holes to keep detritus,etc.. from settling over there as the "pull" isn't as strong further from the plumbing and stuff tends to just collect over there..