PDA

View Full Version : Kalk mix

Copperband bt
06/17/2015, 07:11 AM
So I use to mix one teaspoon in five gallon was good for me before
But my system is growing up so now I am doing 3 teaspoon per five gallon
But the problem is the the kalk mix look so cloudy I don't know why
It's recommand 2 teaspoon per gallon so I am why faraway from that
So is that normal ?? I mean my tank is ok it's so clear but I worry cause of that
Cloudy mix ?? Any ideas

whosurcaddie
06/17/2015, 07:40 AM
You should always let the kalk mixture settle. You want to dose the clear mixture after the kalk settles. The proper mix is one teaspoon per gallon of ro/di. Any more than that and it would be wasting it. Unless you add vinegar to the mixture which allows a little more kalk to dissolve making the mix stronger.

If your mixing up 5 gallons I would mix 5 teaspoons and let the mix completely settle then dose.

Copperband bt
06/17/2015, 07:44 AM
I let it settle for 5 hour before I dose it and it's still cloudy !!!

whosurcaddie
06/17/2015, 07:47 AM
I would mix it up in the morning and start your dosing later that night. See how the mix looks after its had a full day to settle. What kind of kalk are you using?

coralsnaked
06/17/2015, 07:51 AM
You should always let the kalk mixture settle. You want to dose the clear mixture after the kalk settles. The proper mix is one teaspoon per gallon of ro/di. Any more than that and it would be wasting it. Unless you add vinegar to the mixture which allows a little more kalk to dissolve making the mix stronger.

If your mixing up 5 gallons I would mix 5 teaspoons and let the mix completely settle then dose.

Although it is best to start with only one teaspoon per gallon, the maximum saturation is actually two teaspoons of kalk powder per 1 gallon of water prior to needing to add vinegar to the mix.

Copperband bt
06/17/2015, 07:54 AM
Bright well product

Copperband bt
06/17/2015, 07:56 AM
Although it is best to start with only one teaspoon per gallon, the maximum saturation is actually two teaspoons of kalk powder per 1 gallon of water prior to needing to add vinegar to the mix.

I am way below that mix 3 teaspoons per 5 gallon