PDA

View Full Version : My Fish Wish List.

JaysLittleOcean
06/18/2015, 12:46 PM
So the time has come to get ready to fill my 36x36x36 150 gallon cube of water with fish. I know what fish I definitely want... but I don't know if their all compatible in my soon to be SPS Reef, their stocking order. I do know which one make the top cut and I want to add. Why don't you give me a hand.

*Achilles Tang* or *Powder Blue Tang*

I would love to keep both if I had a way to add them safely.

BigBlueTang
06/18/2015, 01:02 PM
Sorry, in a 3 foot tank, you cant keep either of these fish. Check out RC's recommendation for tangs in the setting up sticky in new to the hobby

Although, if you do decide to add one of these, they both have a mean streak and will kill any other tang in the tank

SoloChromis
06/18/2015, 02:47 PM
I agree with the person above me, both species won't be comfortable in a 3' long tank, and there will inevitably be an outbreak as a result. Here's a list of good options as far as tangs for a tank of those dimensions though -
* Purple Tang
* Yellow Tang
* Scopas Tang
* Kole Tang
* Tomini Tang
* Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
* Spotted Bristletooth Tang
* Convict Tang
* Chevron Tang

... There's honestly a whole world of interesting and unique small fish to load a tank of that size with, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to add the powder blue or achilles. Good luck :fish1:

nuxx
06/18/2015, 03:30 PM
I think most tangs would be pushing it for that dimension of a tank.

They really like more horizontal swimming room.

Dmorty217
06/18/2015, 04:05 PM
I agree with the person above me, both species won't be comfortable in a 3' long tank, and there will inevitably be an outbreak as a result. Here's a list of good options as far as tangs for a tank of those dimensions though -
* Purple Tang
* Yellow Tang
* Scopas Tang
* Kole Tang
* Tomini Tang
* Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
* Spotted Bristletooth Tang
* Convict Tang
* Chevron Tang

... There's honestly a whole world of interesting and unique small fish to load a tank of that size with, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to add the powder blue or achilles. Good luck :fish1:

This is good advice. Achilles need length to swim and very high flow

Genera
06/18/2015, 06:46 PM
Two Spot Bristletooth Tang - Ctenochaetus Binotatus? Love the blue eye on these guys.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+2628&pcatid=2628

scooter31707
06/19/2015, 06:13 AM
Honestly, IMO, I would take the Yellow, Purple, and Scopas off that list for a 3ft tank.

JaysLittleOcean
06/19/2015, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone. I am going to hold off on adding fish for the time being.

kenpau
06/19/2015, 12:57 PM
Remember a 3ft cube is just over 4ft diagonally. In my opinion you'd be fine with a Yellow tang depending on aquascaping and tankmates. It's a definite no to the Achilles and Powder Blue though.

ArmyGreens
06/19/2015, 08:23 PM
Id start wih your smallest peaceful 'wish' reef fishes first. Let them find homes, adust to dawn/dusk cycle, feeding times and bacterial load to catch up. Then rinse & repeat for next size/aggressiveness