PDA

View Full Version : Apex Conductivity Probe

Jyetman
06/20/2015, 10:37 AM
I installed a PM2 module and waiting to buy the probes. So in the mean time the CondX5 is reading a fluctuating number of 3.7 to 3.4 why without a probe shouldn't this number be constant number? The tmpX5 flux is .1 that I can accept.

slief
06/20/2015, 11:14 AM
I installed a PM2 module and waiting to buy the probes. So in the mean time the CondX5 is reading a fluctuating number of 3.7 to 3.4 why without a probe shouldn't this number be constant number? The tmpX5 flux is .1 that I can accept.

Hard to say.. After reading this, I unplugged my Conx probe from my PM2 to see what would happen and mine settled at 2.5 and stayed there for the minute or so that I had it unpluged.

Your fluctuation could be due to calibration or a lack of, firmware version of the module, interference from the open/un-terminated connection of the probe port, interference from something else near by like a power wire, pump controller or something else. Until you get your probe and calibrate it, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you get this PM2 new?

Jyetman
06/20/2015, 11:35 AM
Hard to say.. After reading this, I unplugged my Conx probe from my PM2 to see what would happen and mine settled at 2.5 and stayed there for the minute or so that I had it unpluged.

Your fluctuation could be due to calibration or a lack of, firmware version of the module, interference from the open/un-terminated connection of the probe port, interference from something else near by like a power wire, pump controller or something else. Until you get your probe and calibrate it, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you get this PM2 new?

Yes ordered it new got it in yesterday. I believe the newest modules have the white label sticker as like the apex brain modules. Will see what happens when I get the probes next. I notice its going up .2 when my chiller kicks in its near the chiller must be the cause. Guess I can assume this will interfere with the probe readings.

slief
06/20/2015, 11:41 AM
Yes ordered it new got it in yesterday. I believe the newest modules have the white label sticker as like the apex brain modules. Will see what happens when I get the probes next. I notice its going up .2 when my chiller kicks in its near the chiller must be the cause. Guess I can assume this will interfere with the probe readings.

Interference can be an issue with any probe but since the port is unterminated right now, I would wait until you get the new probe to determine if you have anything to worry about. The probe will terminate the port and may eliminate the interference.

Jyetman
06/20/2015, 05:09 PM
I moved the PM2 module further away from the chiller it stays at a constant 3.5 so feeling more confident now.

slief
06/20/2015, 05:15 PM
I moved the PM2 module further away from the chiller it stays at a constant 3.5 so feeling more confident now.

There ya go! Great to hear! :thumbsup:

Jyetman
06/20/2015, 05:38 PM
There ya go! Great to hear! :thumbsup:

Glad I initiated the PM2 Module first maybe corrected a potential problem before the probes got installed.