PDA

View Full Version : reef safe epoxy or glue for upflow ATS

Devaji108
06/22/2015, 03:36 PM
so I am building an upflow ATS the wet side will have crush coral instead on the screen.

so I need some advice on the epoxy/glue to use.
I need to to be reef safe, stick to plastic and the crushed coral.

I have a 2 part epoxy form ace not sure it's reef safe...
will jb water weld work if i mash a thin layer 4"x6" then apply the coral?
should I get some supper glue gel and do it that way.

I was recommended Devcon 30min epoxy but not sure i will be able to find that in a small town with only 1 hardware store. so I am looking for options.
and what would work best!

ca1ore
06/23/2015, 07:48 AM
I use a waterfall ATS, and a crushed coral screen would simply make it 10 times harder to scrape. You sure that's the way you want to go?

Devaji108
06/23/2015, 09:07 AM
Simon,
yeah i am pretty sure been talking to santa Monica ( scrubber guru) about this build.
i will not be scraping thw ATS with a card but brushing it with a tooth brush untill you cab harvest it but pulling it out.

so what i am goona do in add a thin layer of JB water weld then the busted up coral heads i have. i tested it on a small area and it works like a charm. basicly its a DIY version of SM green grabber.

all that said ,i still need to know about the reef safe epoxy. I did a search and most of it is for attaching frags.

is there brands that are not safe and should stay away from? and are there brands that are OK?
I have some 2 part from Ace..I hope I can use it...any ingredients that i should look out for?

thanks