PDA

View Full Version : Hippo tang?

Midnight girl
06/28/2015, 01:56 PM
I have a 220gl,92,90 and a 56 all reef tanks I have never had or come across a fish that has had this problem. A friend just closed down a tank so I grabbed a fee frags a hippo tang, and a snowflake clown. I have never had a hippo in all my years due to the stress levels they have. He was free wth I will give it a shot. Zoom in on her under belly. What is that? Yesterday it looked really hard and crunchy today it's falling off like scabs. Yesterday she was stiff today she is swimming great. Eating is picking up as well. She was skinny from the start. I really don't think she was eating b4 I got him. It's not ick like I have ever seen although she does have a couple spots. It went from looking like psoriasis flakes to healing. Any ideas could it be a heater burn?

Newsmyrna80
06/29/2015, 08:02 AM
Hard to tell from the pic. Could be a bacterial infection but again hard to diagnose. Keep the water pristine and add vitamins to her food. Can you get a closer pic?

Midnight girl
06/29/2015, 02:19 PM
I would but today she looks almost totally perfect. I have never seen anything like it. Barely any marks left. I'll continue to research this.

Newsmyrna80
06/29/2015, 05:53 PM
Good to hear!