PDA

View Full Version : Stock List Critique

Ian14
06/29/2015, 03:36 PM
My 220 gallon mixed reef is underway.

So far it is stocked with 2 blue damsels and 2 clownfish, along with a few hermit crabs.

My next stock planned:

6 black axial chromis
2 bicolor blennies
2 firefish
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
inverts such as shrimp, ect.

What do you think? I know the damsels can be aggressive but they seem fine so far. Is this too much, just enough, or could I add more in the future?

Thanks!

Haven't put any corals in yet

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 03:38 PM
There are some sticky's above in this forum and one is check your intended purchase. That would be the best place to post this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2068112

Steve is our resident fish expert and he answers everything in there.

Welcome to Reef Central :thumbsup:

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 03:49 PM
One thing about a 220 there aren't many fish you can't get LOL

Ian14
06/29/2015, 04:41 PM
There are some sticky's above in this forum and one is check your intended purchase. That would be the best place to post this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2068112

Steve is our resident fish expert and he answers everything in there.

Welcome to Reef Central :thumbsup:

Thanks! just posted in it

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 04:50 PM
You bet! Don't hesitate to ask any questions, there are always many of us here willing to help.

Ian14
06/29/2015, 04:58 PM
You bet! Don't hesitate to ask any questions, there are always many of us here willing to help.

Kind of a side note.. but when is a good time to add some coral, and what kind?
I have 2 reefbreeder photon less on top. Tank is cycled but I have that nuisance green hair algae trying to take over.

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 06:09 PM
You can really add the more hardy corals anytime, but might be more enjoyable to wait until you have the gha under control. Turbo snails will eat a ton of it. Also minimize your feedings do weekly wc's and time are all you can do to get rid of it.

What corals are you interested in?

scootshoot
06/29/2015, 06:28 PM
You can really add the more hardy corals anytime, but might be more enjoyable to wait until you have the gha under control. Turbo snails will eat a ton of it. Also minimize your feedings do weekly wc's and time are all you can do to get rid of it.

what is "gha" mean? I googled it and came up with nothing related to saltwater, :lolspin:

Ian14
06/29/2015, 06:57 PM

Do you thinking a cleaner package from reef cleaners with turbo snails and other inverts would help then? And I really haven't looked into them that hard to know what kinds I like

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 07:30 PM
GHA = Green Hair Algae

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 07:35 PM
Do you thinking a cleaner package from reef cleaners with turbo snails and other inverts would help then? And I really haven't looked into them that hard to know what kinds I like

That would certainly make it easier. But do yourself a favor and get the next size down tank from yours. They tend to overdo their cuc's

Dkuhlmann
06/29/2015, 07:36 PM
Ian, I'll be getting off of here for the night. I had spine surgery a week ago and need to get some rest. Feel free to PM me anytime and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Dave