PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have pics of their corals after months with kessils?

kevensquint
07/01/2015, 05:19 PM
I'm debating using the 360we's on my next tank instead of my radium 250's. I've recently been installing them on clients tanks because of good reviews, also since clients don't want MH anymore and kessils give a nice tank appearance.
But since I have nothing but rave reviews for my old radiums, the reason I'm considering the 360's is for contemporary tank style over a rimless as well as no heat added to the tank. I'd like to see fellow reefers corals after a reasonable amount of time under these units. Preferably longer than a few months. If it's been two weeks, no need to post a pic. Thanks.

Jrambo88
07/01/2015, 06:19 PM
Looking for specific corals like sps colorations or LPS? Softies?

kevensquint
07/01/2015, 06:22 PM
I only keep SPS, so I guess ideally I'd love to see how they are doing under 360's. But, I figured if I was too specific, no one would have any feedback.

Bpb
07/01/2015, 06:48 PM
A lot of people use them successfully with sps. I know because I researched for months and months and even still try to follow all the kessil threads. There just aren't many there are some, but nowhere near as many as you'll find using radions or metal halides or even DIY LEDs. You'll find a handful of people though with decent acro success using kessils. Can be done. Just doesn't seem to be the go to choice for sps dominant tanks. They do look nice though

xdestry
07/01/2015, 07:27 PM
SPS coloration under leds is lacking, go with t5s for best colors