PDA

View Full Version : Uronema marinum

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 07:32 AM
So i have about 25 fish in a 220g tank just did hypo to remove ick now every few days a fish is dying... Looking at pics i am pretty sure it Uronema marinum. So what do i do and how do i treat it? No reason to qt the tank is infected and needs treated along with all the fish...

I did hypo for 10wks that didn't help it. I have been doing Paraguard for 3wks now and thats not doing anything. however my chromis did seem to clear up but now my other fish are getting infected.

All the pics of Uronema marinum are how my fish look. red raised skin, breathing hard, not eating, hiding, hole in body then die.

Please help on a treatment to cure this issue?

The tank is 240g total with fake inserts and wet n dry filter. 240g treatment is not cheap so please give me a few ideas.

Thanks

snorvich
07/07/2015, 08:47 AM
Your best chance is likely to be chloroquine phosphate. However, that is not supported by marine biology data, just speculation on my part.

Deinonych
07/07/2015, 09:21 AM
Your best chance is likely to be chloroquine phosphate. However, that is not supported by marine biology data, just speculation on my part.

+1

To the OP: can you post pictures of the affected fish?

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 02:46 PM
I didn't take any pics but this one is from today as you can see it was turning red then usually after a few days the scales will fall off then fish dies this one died fast. It seems hypo was slowing down the death rate.

My angel few days ago had a up and down mark that was red and missing skin.

Im pretty sure its uronema

I had this fish for 12wks 10wks was hypo never had a problem with it. ate everything swim all around all day. then it started hiding and not eating then breathing hard and then found him dead today

All my other fish are symptom free at this time besides a salifin tang that is blind for the most part. eyes are clear idk what its deal is. Then my hippo tang has white stuff on it that has been there for the 13wks i have had him so i have no clue what his issue is but he eats and swims good. I can try to get a pic but its not very visible. I always thought it was velvet but really 13wks and fish is still alive???

snorvich
07/07/2015, 03:24 PM
Hyposalinity about 1.017 makes it easier for osmoregulation. Hypo at 1.009 only affects cryptocaryon irritans and no other parasite.

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 04:04 PM
i was at 1.008 for 10wks

the tank is at 1.016 now should i bring it up higher would that help?

What do you think of pic?

What about the other treatments you talk about in your post

How many mg of cp should i do i was told 80 and to treat for 90 days but thats over $170

snorvich
07/07/2015, 06:07 PM
Please see this (http://reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=717). As far as cost, what are your fish worth?

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 07:13 PM
DO you know the life cycle and the required dose for uronema? Dosing the dt should get rid of it if we know the above correct? Not much info on it.

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 07:16 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388437 how come you don't say to treat with any listed here?

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 07:19 PM
Also whats your thoughts on Hydrogen peroxide? i used it awhile ago in past tank to control algae with no ill effects

snorvich
07/07/2015, 08:17 PM
The article referenced would assume a hospital tank for treating fish but that does not solve the problem of restarting your tank. There is no fallow period for uronema since there is no obligate fish host. You have a lot of fish, I gave you my best guess for solving your problem.

alfieferenzo84
07/07/2015, 11:19 PM
The article referenced would assume a hospital tank for treating fish but that does not solve the problem of restarting your tank. There is no fallow period for uronema since there is no obligate fish host. You have a lot of fish, I gave you my best guess for solving your problem.

Yes thanks!!!

Just wondering why i couldn't do any of those and looking for other options but i think your right cp would be the best way just unsure of how many mg per gal and for how long but again thanks for your input!

Cujo13
07/08/2015, 09:52 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2397496

This may help

mattcoug
11/06/2015, 02:16 AM
Apologies for bringing back this old thread. Were you successful in treating the tank? What did you end up doing?

Thx,
-Matt

mbauma
03/15/2016, 11:17 AM
Yes, what happened please?

I am in the same situation right now and have no idea what to do. I have lost 5 chromis and just lost my leapard wrasse today.

mbauma
03/15/2016, 11:19 AM

Can you provide details on this? I am in the same situation right now.