PDA

View Full Version : Nuvo or Red Sea?

Atf22
07/07/2015, 10:32 PM
Made a thread earlier in another section of this trying to decide which tank to get and i've got it narrowed to these. I absolutely love the innovative marine nuvo 30, it's gorgeous. But, with budget being an issue, i have found some relatively cheap Red Sea's on craigslist. Hoping to get some reviews from you guys on your experience with these to help determine which i should do. For some extra info,
Looking at the Innovative Marine Nuvo 30
Red Sea 130D ~300-350
Red Sea C130 - 350
Red Sea Max C-250 ~450-500

Only problem with the 250 is that i don't know if my apartment complex will allow this. All help is greatly appreciated! Personal experience with these is great as well!

ReefSmarts
07/08/2015, 01:01 AM
I am not a Red Sea fan at all! I think you really can't go wrong with the Innovative Marine Tanks or the Cadlights all in one tanks!

With Cadlights those 75 gallon tanks are really awesome!

pow400
07/08/2015, 09:53 AM
I love my red sea. I have the older 130D (it has rounded corners) and after a few modifications you cant ask for much more from a tank. The display is a nice size while leaving an amazing amount of space for everything in your back compartments. Mine is upgraded with a tunze 9002, 600 gph single pump ( If you contact red sea they will send you one for free, even if you are not the original owner. The model which came with 2 300gph pumps had a defect so they basically have a standing policy to replace them. ) intank media basket and intank cover for the back compartment because I removed the stock fluorescent bulb lid and just put mesh lid on so I could change my light to a kessil. The circuit breaker on the side of the tank is amazing and makes turning off any equipment amazingly simple, especially useful for feeding fish.

If this was a debate of buying one of the tanks new I would not be able to justify dropping a grand on the tank compared to the 500ish for the nuvo. I got a killer deal with mine ( tank, livestock, all upgrades, stand, and kessil 360we for 500 ) when I was in the process of buying a 40G nuvo and I do not regret my decisions ( Minus getting stuck with curved glass but I have learned to deal with it and got a tool to clean it easier. ) At the end of the day though you should go for the tank you will enjoy not the one that is cheaper (craigslist wise anyways) you will be looking at this everyday, multiple times a day. If you enjoy the nuvo just be patient and wait on a sale or save a bit more money. If you have the time though go check out one of the red sea tanks in person, I love mine.