PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it this way ?

CoralBeauty13
07/08/2015, 10:39 PM
Hi GUys, so for what it seems, like forever, I've dealt with flat worms. I now have a small six-line that seems to be working, but there is no way he can keep up. I have a 180 gl, and covered in FW.

I've done the FWE four times now, and.... still, here I am.

Sooo, Now I am thinking, just tear it all down, dip, replace while adding new sand and rock.

Heres the plan.

Get all the large containers I need. Half of them Fill with tank water, the other half fill with same temp fresh water and dip everything that comes out of the tank, corals, rocks, in the fresh water, then place in the tank saltwater containers. All containers will have a heater and a powerhead. Fish will stay in the tank

I know I'll have some worms still in the sand, but maybe just enough for the six-line to get control and eliminate.

While the tank is being empty, I want to add some sand, maybe just a 20lb bag. I know to wash in tank saltwater in a separate bucket until it's pretty clean, then add to the tank. Dip rocks and set in tank water containers until ready.

I'll have 30 gl of saltwater made as I'll do a water change anyways after the dip and sand addition.

Does these steps seem right ? Would you do it differently ? I can't take the worms anymore.

Has someone done this before...Please any advice will be regarded as Priceless !!!!

billdogg
07/09/2015, 06:14 AM
One the advice of my LFS, I have removed every piece of coral and rock that I can and dipped them in a temperature matched bucket of ro/di water for ~ 15 seconds. The flatworms will just fall off. Maybe a gentle swish or two to help them along. That will knock down 99% of them. Control nutrients and allow your wrasse to do it's job.