PDA

View Full Version : help me choose a new RODI PLZ

Devaji108
07/09/2015, 02:41 PM
Hey guys!

so I pulled out my old pure water club RODI from setting in storage for 1.5 to 2 years now.

looks like i have 2 cracked housings,prob. need a new RO membrane and other filters too. all that said not sure if I should just refurbish it with all spectaPure goodies or get a new unit?

not sure what to get if I get a new one. I did not budget for a new RODI in this build...ugggg

so i have a TDS meter and if they do not need to be re calibrated my tap water is about 70-80 PPM I am on country well water not believe there is **** added.
tested after going through my NSA carbon drinking filter lowered by 10 so I am assuming it's working?

looking at your site and others have recommended this:

http://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/Chloramine-Removal-90-GPD-RO-DI-System

what is the wast to RODI ratio on that? think I need the choramine filter being on well water? ( don't own and prob. will move at some point)

also what is the difference between that and this one:

http://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/CSPDI-Standard-90-GPD-RO-DI-System

looks like one is a 4 stage and the other is a 5 with the chloramine filter.
what else?

any help, helping me decide what is the best way to go would be great.
free free to call 307-699-7608

as I would like to get this figured out and place an order ASAP

cheers
Deva

Devaji108
07/09/2015, 03:10 PM
Dam I always miss the sales too :(

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 08:19 AM
The Chloramine System has the new 3-position TDS meter. Might as well get that one, especially if you move to the city some day.

Support at SpectraPure

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 10:42 AM
how do you go about getting the new 99% membrane? ppl say you have to call but i dont see your #on your site.
also does that come with the new DI filter? I was reading I believe in your forum that you guys had a new and improved DI cartage?

also does that come with a pack flow? dont not look like it. how important is that feature?

sorry for all the questions just trying to understand it all.

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 10:56 AM
The 99
% membrane is not included in the Chloramine system and with only 80 TDS tap water, you will not see the difference.

The Super SilicaBuster is included.

I don't know what you mean by "pack flow".

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 12:56 PM
oops sorry I meant to say back flow. or manual flush.
I guess that is to flush the RO or all filters? how important do you fell this is to the system?

is the DI cartage refillable? or just replaceable?

being on well water not sure if I need the chloramine filter or not?? what do you guys find ppl on well water tend to use? ( dont get me wrong I like the idea if/when I move.)

down the road If needed I could add the 99% membrane yeah?

thanks for answering all my questions!

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 01:06 PM
Flush valve is not included on this system. I doubt that you really need it with such good tap water to start with. You can add it someday if you move to worse water conditions.

The Super DI is not refillable, the Standard DI is. We only offer Mixed-Bed resin (not 2-part SilicaBuster) in refill bags. You can get a standard shell for $4 and proceed from there.

Well water doesn't really need the Chloramine filter, but as you say, you may move.

Depending upon how "dirty" the water is, some people need to run two sediment filters.

Yes, you can get a 99% membrane any time.

Thank you for your interest in SpectraPure products!

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 01:19 PM
Hey thanks for the supper fast replays!
yeah i was thinking that I might need two sediments filters maybe a 1 micron then a .5?
what is the ratio on this setup? 3:1. I just hate the idea of "wasting" to much water..

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 01:27 PM
Yes, 1 u then 0.5 u. But, wait and see....

With your good tap water, you can use the optional and included 2:1 flow restrictor.

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 01:36 PM
Ah I see OK, it seams like the chloramine is the way to go for me. if I need more sediment filter i can remove the chlorine carbon block and move ad the 1 U if needed. but when I move add it back on if needed.

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 01:38 PM
Full speed ahead!

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 01:58 PM
Just about to order it now any chance of shipping it out today?

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 02:01 PM
None whatsoever. Sorry.

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 02:10 PM
Damn Ok no worries then. a monday shipping then? Or do you guys ship out on Sat?

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 02:16 PM
Monday at best. Time's awastin'.

Devaji108
07/10/2015, 02:19 PM
OK just placed the order :)

SpectraPure
07/10/2015, 02:23 PM
Good.
Thanks.