PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist in my tank

Fish_LOVEr
07/11/2015, 06:57 AM
purchased a yellow tail tamarin wrasse a few hours before. I knew that they are hard to keep but in Vietnam theyre extremely hard to find. so i give it a try. BUT i got a dragon wrasse, he is the only fish in the tank so far..... Really aggresive he keeps picking at the new wrasse . so when will this behavior stop. Help please !!!

PS i 've read the tamarin wrasse primer already

crazymnkeyman77
07/11/2015, 07:13 AM
purchased a yellow tail tamarin wrasse a few hours before. I knew that they are hard to keep but in Vietnam theyre extremely hard to find. so i give it a try. BUT i got a dragon wrasse, he is the only fish in the tank so far..... Really aggresive he keeps picking at the new wrasse . so when will this behavior stop. Help please !!!

PS i 've read the tamarin wrasse primer already

Wrasses are pretty territorial especially with their own kind. Thats the main reason the dragon wrasse is picking on the other. The only chance of them co existing somewhat peacefully would have been if you introduced them to the tank together for the first time.

Fish_LOVEr
07/11/2015, 07:24 AM
I've seen many people keep wraasse together with no problem . I think they re not introduced in the same time. the aggresive was less than it was before . i think he will accept the new wrasse Still hope

crazymnkeyman77
07/11/2015, 08:27 AM
I've seen many people keep wraasse together with no problem . I think they re not introduced in the same time. the aggresive was less than it was before . i think he will accept the new wrasse Still hope

i agree ive seen many people have wrasses together just my own personal experience i had two wrasses and they always dough and tried to jump out the tank lol so i havent bought anymore since

Genera
07/11/2015, 08:54 AM
How big is your tank? Dragon/Rockmover Wrasses grow to a foot long.
Full grown Novulichthys Taeniourus (http://www.aquariums.lk/img/p/2/0/8/208-large.jpg)

snorvich
07/11/2015, 08:59 AM
Dragon wrasses are aggressive to fish that are more passive such as tamarin wrasses. Your choice on which is preferable but you will not be able to keep both.

Genera
07/11/2015, 09:11 AM
Dragon wrasses are aggressive to fish that are more passive such as tamarin wrasses. Your choice on which is preferable but you will not be able to keep both.

+1 on this

Fish_LOVEr
07/12/2015, 05:07 AM
125 gallon tank - the dragon wrasse is juvenile, i ve read somewhere that the dragon wrasse when young is docile. But he is a terrorist in my tank. I just moved the tamarin to the 20gal tank

Rutrag
07/12/2015, 02:01 PM
I also advise against keeping the tamarin with the dragon wrasse. I would make or invest in an acclimation box if you'd like to keep multiple wrasses as well. Keeping the new guy (or in some cases the bully) in the box where the new fish can see and be seen but is protected for a day or so can help everyone ease in together.

Fish_LOVEr
07/17/2015, 06:47 AM
what do you usually use to feed your tamarin wrasse. he wont eat anything except a very very small pieces of shrimp, still picking on rocks

Fish_LOVEr
07/18/2015, 10:04 PM
Anybody ?