PDA

View Full Version : 6155 bracket

chicken
07/13/2015, 01:30 AM
Hi, I bought a pair of 6155s last year to replace my 6200s I have been running for years. I just got around to putting them in the other month and my triggers have been having a field day with them by ripping the bracket off the little blue rubber parts. Is there any more secure way of holding the pumps on? I never had a problem with the 6200s like this. Thanks!

rvitko
07/13/2015, 08:40 AM
You could use the older bracket design, it is still made but it is louder as the vibrations get transferred to the glass. Part 6065.510. My bigger concern would be the triggers chewing the cord, I would be sure to protect the cord. Another option would be to insert small plastic pegs in the blue feet to "lock" them. After assembly press a suitable size plastic rod into the holes in the end so they cannot flex to release.

chicken
07/14/2015, 02:43 AM
Roger thanks for the quick reply. The triggers seem to leave the cord alone. They just like grabbing the bracket and pulling it off for some reason. I have had some of these guys for 12+ years. They are great fish but can be a pain when they think they are interior designers. :(. I'll try the plastic rod trick first to see how it goes. Thanks