PDA

View Full Version : 55 gallon sps tank

crazymnkeyman77
07/13/2015, 12:16 PM
My tank is 55 gallons and is gonna be sps dominant tank with two mp40's and 30 gal refugium. I have a 100 gallon rated skimmer. For lighting I have two kessil 360's. Could anyone make a possible fish list for me or something like that. I just need fish that I can have in it. Im not looking into clownfish though, i already have enough of those lol. Any other fish then that are fine for me. No jumpers though since I cant secure my tank well enough for jumpers. If you were me what fish would you put in it.

Spartanman22
07/13/2015, 03:12 PM
What are the dimensions? I'm a big fan of dwarf angels. A group of longspine cardinals would be neat as well. My first suggestion would be wrasses but alas without a screen top that'd be a bad bet

waterman78
07/13/2015, 04:26 PM
IF I WERE YOU ----- I would consider upgrading my skimmer before adding a list of fish. In that environment, FISH = POOP and a skimmer 75% of the total water volume doesn't give you much room to stock the tank with. Had you owned a 150g - 200g rated skimmer I would suggest the Kole Tang, a Mandarin goby, Fridmani Pseudochromis, a school of Green Chromis and a dwarf angel....

How many fish do you already have stocked in your tank and what's the total bioload? After that, the topic becomes what are your water parameters and schedule of Maintainence....

Please let us know.

Larry