PDA

View Full Version : Yuma mush how hardy?

mitek2
07/17/2015, 09:09 AM
Yikes!! I ordered several mushrooms from my online store. I have always had good results with them. One of the bags this time had a hole and the water had drained out of the yuma. It was only partially covered. The packing paper in the Styrofoam container was soaking wet.

I left what little water was left in the bag and I hung it on the side of the tank to try and acclimate it. But the bag tore and it went right in. How hardy is a Yuma mushroom and do you think it will survive that trauma?

scooter31707
07/17/2015, 10:47 AM
Assuming your parameters are close to the recommend ones for coral and the vendor's parameters are close to the ideal numbers, I think it will be just fine. They are quite hardy and can tolerate a lot. I'll probably be more concern about the water getting into the tank than I would about the mushroom. lol!!

mitek2
07/17/2015, 11:47 AM
Lol!! Thanks for the reply. I always forget to add my water parameters. Everything looks good, and about 0.25 phosphate is the only thing and I'm running phosguard. That seems to be getting better.

The Yuma is opening up and looking pretty good. I think that survived! My next task is to get these tiny little ricordae mounted. They are so tiny and have the tiniest bit of coral rubble. I'm letting them sit for a while then I will glue them to a bigger piece of rubble rock.
I just don't like to handle them too much, as I'm sure that probably irritates them.

scooter31707
07/17/2015, 01:56 PM
it's very hard to glue mushrooms. Best way to do this is to use a rubberband to hold the mushroom down to the rock. What I did took some tank water and poured it into a bowl and added some live rock rubble. About a hour later, they were attached to the rock.

Smoke_N_Reefer
07/17/2015, 02:07 PM
Yumas have never done good for me, they always seem to melt. Maybe my tanks too "clean" for them. All other types of mushrooms seem to do fine though, in my system.

mitek2
07/17/2015, 03:38 PM
Really? Just in about an hour? I've got them sitting in a plastic breeder inside of my tank with some live rock rubble. I did not banned them down to a single piece though. I may try that. How do you not squish the mushroom though?