PDA

View Full Version : Ugh :(

carmelpi
07/19/2015, 07:05 AM
So, had a short but fairly nasty storm roll through yesterday afternoon. Only lasted about ten minutes but that was enough to knock out our power for 15 hours. Of course i am working midnights this weekend so i had to leave my boyfriend to deal with the mess.

Fortunately a friend of ours had some batteries we could use to power some pumps between our tanks for about 6 hours in the midst of this. I am not sure how ripley is doing other than "she looks ok" per my boyfriend once the power returned and he could start charging his dead phone.

We'll see how my fish do. :(. I think i may go buy a little generator this weekend.

Kharn
07/19/2015, 07:36 AM
So, had a short but fairly nasty storm roll through yesterday afternoon. Only lasted about ten minutes but that was enough to knock out our power for 15 hours. Of course i am working midnights this weekend so i had to leave my boyfriend to deal with the mess.

Fortunately a friend of ours had some batteries we could use to power some pumps between our tanks for about 6 hours in the midst of this. I am not sure how ripley is doing other than "she looks ok" per my boyfriend once the power returned and he could start charging his dead phone.

We'll see how my fish do. :(. I think i may go buy a little generator this weekend.

I've got a large chargeable air pump that lasts 40hrs :D but I also bought a generator recently due to the frequencies of power outs here (weekly).

carmelpi
07/19/2015, 07:29 PM
Everybody came through okay. :)

kegogut
07/21/2015, 08:42 PM
Everybody came through okay. :)

Glad to hear it.

carmelpi
07/21/2015, 11:08 PM
Well, everybody but one of my nassarius snails. He was et by a hermit crab. Who is awaiting trial and capital punishment via mantis dinner.