PDA

View Full Version : Electric toothbrush and saltwater tank

mitek2
07/19/2015, 12:34 PM
OK, one more dumb question and I'll leave you alone until tomorrow!
I was wondering if you could use a electric toothbrush to scrub the rocks. I use a regular toothbrush now, but I tend to knock things off. It looks like my toothbrush is waterproof but I'm not sure. Of course I would go buy brand-new one that has never had toothpaste on it. Has anybody used that does it work?

sbeason
07/19/2015, 01:49 PM
I am sure there are screws holding it together somehwere and also metal strips where you place it in the charger. If this is the case, then no way I would use it. No metal goes in the tank.

Yogre
07/19/2015, 05:33 PM
I have an electric toothbrush and I'd characterize it as water resistant, not water proof.

I'd think steady exposure to salt water would wreck a regular electric toothbrush fairly quickly.

mitek2
07/19/2015, 05:39 PM
Well, I gave it a try! It worked really well and it got a lot of the algae out of the cracks and crevices. But I think something shorted out because now it won't turn off!

ericarenee
07/19/2015, 05:46 PM
Well, I gave it a try! It worked really well and it got a lot of the algae out of the cracks and crevices. But I think something shorted out because now it won't turn off!

imagine that.... now you will have to brush your teeth with the old from cleaning the tank.... :uhoh3:

Steve Atkins
07/19/2015, 06:15 PM
So it is probably a good idea if you have a good supply of electric toothbrushes and can afford to throw them away after one, or if you are lucky two, uses.

Wish my pockets were that deep.

mitek2
07/19/2015, 07:12 PM
Oh no, that was just an experiment! It was one of those cheap $19 ones from Walmart