PDA

View Full Version : Best Coral Dip?

BigJohnny
07/21/2015, 10:29 PM
Coral Rx? Revive? Lugols? Bayer? Flatworm Exit?

What do you think is best and why?

PhaneSoul
07/21/2015, 11:33 PM
you should break this up into sections. best for zoa's, best for sps, best for acros and afew, best for softies, lps.

what is great for lps may kill sps, there is no one dip fits all cure

d2mini
07/22/2015, 06:17 AM
AFAIK, Bayer works on everything.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about any softies, but zoas/palys, lps, sps... it's perfectly safe for all of those.
And it's hard to overdose. Easy on the corals, most effective on the bugs.
But even Bayer won't kill the eggs. Best practice is to remove the coral from the plug when possible and transfer to a fresh plug.
This is the procedure I follow.
http://boroaquatics.com/blogs/articles/17033867-proper-dipping-of-corals-the-bayer-method

ksed
07/22/2015, 06:51 AM
Just noticed on the label it says rainproof for 1hr. I wonder if this product stays on your coral for 1hr after the dip?

scooter31707
07/22/2015, 06:59 AM
Bayer works on all corals. Revive and Lugols are good for tissue damage and after cutting coral.

BigJohnny
07/22/2015, 02:04 PM
you should break this up into sections. best for zoa's, best for sps, best for acros and afew, best for softies, lps.

what is great for lps may kill sps, there is no one dip fits all cure

I agree that some may be better than others for each type, but i also know that most people only use one or two. Why don't you break it up into sections with your favorites for each type [emoji106]?

What kills AEFW btw? I've heard flatworm exit only works for the normal flatworms.

BigJohnny
07/24/2015, 10:29 PM
AFAIK, Bayer works on everything.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about any softies, but zoas/palys, lps, sps... it's perfectly safe for all of those.
And it's hard to overdose. Easy on the corals, most effective on the bugs.
But even Bayer won't kill the eggs. Best practice is to remove the coral from the plug when possible and transfer to a fresh plug.
This is the procedure I follow.
http://boroaquatics.com/blogs/articles/17033867-proper-dipping-of-corals-the-bayer-method
This is great thanks, some people think it does kill the eggs actually. I think it may kill some. Best practice is to remove the plug ya say n probably to redip a time or two after any remaining hatch [emoji6]

jeffp1
07/25/2015, 04:22 AM
Bayer for me. I will re-dip later if critters in bowl from first dipping. Just in case of eggs hatching.