PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech Marine Vectra M1 & L1 Club thread

AquariumSpecialty
07/23/2015, 04:59 PM
Pre-orders being taken now at Aquarium Specialty. Please post your questions and comments for the Vectra DC controllable pumps.

Here's the link:

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/equipment/pumps/ecotech-marine-vectra-dc-controllable-pumps

Breadman03
07/23/2015, 05:17 PM
Is there a flow chart that shows flow for various head heights? I have about 12-14 feet of head, so it's of interest.

AquariumSpecialty
07/23/2015, 05:20 PM
I'm assuming that they have the data but it's likely just an white paper at this point. I will request this info from our friends at Ecotech. Thanks for the inquire.

raultsu
07/23/2015, 05:45 PM
any details on what size the output is?

ArmanS
07/23/2015, 11:27 PM
Will these be controllable with the WXM and Apex?

Acrononomus
07/24/2015, 12:54 AM
When is a possible release date?

Breadman03
07/24/2015, 07:41 AM

I just asked Ecotech directly about flow rates and mentioned that Apex control was crucial to my purchase decision. I'll post up when they answer.

When is a possible release date?

From what I remember of the QD release, I'm assuming within about 12 weeks. The pumps hit the media on Feb 6 and I see March 31 as the first pump in the wild in a brief search.

AquariumSpecialty
07/24/2015, 08:57 AM
I just asked Ecotech directly about flow rates and mentioned that Apex control was crucial to my purchase decision. I'll post up when they answer.

I just spoke with our rep over at Ecotech. He doesn't have that information yet.

From what I remember of the QD release, I'm assuming within about 12 weeks. The pumps hit the media on Feb 6 and I see March 31 as the first pump in the wild in a brief search.

Orders will begin shipping shipping August 3rd. Our rep at Ecotech said we are the 1st distributor on his list to receive pumps since we submitted our order before anyone else.

Thank you,

coral102
07/25/2015, 10:00 AM

Any update?!:rollface::rollface::rollface:

Breadman03
07/26/2015, 12:35 AM
Any update?!:rollface::rollface::rollface:

Nope. I'll cut them some slack since it's the weekend, though. :)

ArmanS
07/27/2015, 01:18 PM
any updates?

805reef
07/28/2015, 06:34 PM
Orders will begin shipping shipping August 3rd. Our rep at Ecotech said we are the 1st distributor on his list to receive pumps since we submitted our order before anyone else.

Thank you,

Is August 3rd still a date you are hearing? And do you know if that would be for both the M1 and L1? I want an L1

Breadman03
08/05/2015, 11:41 AM
Still no reply from Ecotech.

AquariumSpecialty
08/05/2015, 12:44 PM
Still no reply from Ecotech.

They are not going to be compatible with the Neptune Apex. There is no need for it. Once you understand how this pump works and how it integrates with the cloud you may care a lot less if it links up to your Apex. Check this out...

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2015/07/ecotech-marine-vectra-is-the-worlds-smartest-return-pump.html

I tried to post the Reef Builders article but RC is blocking the URL somehow. You will see it if you go to their site.

805reef
08/05/2015, 12:53 PM
They are not going to be compatible with the Neptune Apex. There is no need for it. Once you understand how this pump works and how it integrates with the cloud you may care a lot less if it links up to your Apex. Check this out...

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2015/07/ecotech-marine-vectra-is-the-worlds-smartest-return-pump.html

I tried to post the Reef Builders article but RC is blocking the URL somehow. You will see it if you go to their site.

Well that is not a good statement to make unless you heard that directly from ecotech. In the video interview that rb did with ecotech they said compatibility with 3rd party controllers is something being worked on.

Actually it is mentioned in the 2nd link you posted: "With legions of WXM modules out in the world, it will be no problem for the Vectra to communicate with third party controllers such as the Apex. This feature won’t be seen quite at the launch of the Vectra pump but it should follow suit fairly shortly after Ecotech actually starts catching up with orders and the actual production of the Vectra pumps."

AquariumSpecialty
08/05/2015, 12:59 PM
Well that is not a good statement to make unless you heard that directly from ecotech. In the video interview that rb did with ecotech they said compatibility with 3rd party controllers is something being worked on.

Actually it is mentioned in the 2nd link you posted: "With legions of WXM modules out in the world, it will be no problem for the Vectra to communicate with third party controllers such as the Apex. This feature won’t be seen quite at the launch of the Vectra pump but it should follow suit fairly shortly after Ecotech actually starts catching up with orders and the actual production of the Vectra pumps."

Thanks for the info. Ecotech Marine didn't build the pump with the intention for it to work or not to work with the WXM. They designed it around EcoSmart Live and utilize their new QuietDrive technology. Make sense?

805reef
08/05/2015, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info. Ecotech Marine didn't build the pump with the intention for it to work or not to work with the WXM. They designed it around EcoSmart Live and utilize their new QuietDrive technology. Make sense?

Yes that makes sense, but making a blank statement, especially as a retailer, saying that these pumps "are not going to be compatible with the Neptune Apex" is untrue at this point.

With that, the wxm compatibility is not a for sure thing either, and even if it does happen I agree that it will not give you all the functionality that reeflink/esl will.

The QuietDrive technology isn't part of the equation here... the new MP pumps use quietdrive technology and still work with wxm.

AquariumSpecialty
08/05/2015, 01:22 PM
Yes that makes sense, but making a blank statement, especially as a retailer, saying that these pumps "are not going to be compatible with the Neptune Apex" is untrue at this point.

With that, the wxm compatibility is not a for sure thing either, and even if it does happen I agree that it will not give you all the functionality that reeflink/esl will.

The QuietDrive technology isn't part of the equation here... the new MP pumps use quietdrive technology and still work with wxm.

I think you misinterpreted my last comment. The point I was making about QD is that Ecotech is focused on what they do best. They design products around their platform and if it's compatible with another companies product then I guess that's an added bonus for some. Yes, I know QD technology has nothing to do with WXM.

AquariumSpecialty
08/11/2015, 03:28 PM
Update from a little bird...

Our 1st stock order is going to ship by Friday at the latest for M1 series pumps. We've already placed 3 orders to ship and we requested that our orders ship out once a week. Pre-orders still available on the Vectra M1 and L1 pumps. L1 pumps are not expect to ship until early to mid September.

Here's the pre-order link:

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ecotech-marine-vectra-dc-controllable-pumps

805reef
08/11/2015, 03:56 PM
Update from a little bird...

Our 1st stock order is going to ship by Friday at the latest for M1 series pumps. We've already placed 3 orders to ship and we requested that our orders ship out once a week. Pre-orders still available on the Vectra M1 and L1 pumps. L1 pumps are not expect to ship until early to mid September.

Here's the pre-order link:

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ecotech-marine-vectra-dc-controllable-pumps

Awesome news on the M1! Unfortunately I wanted an L1 this month... looks like I might have to go with the rd3 230 instead

bobbychullo
08/27/2015, 03:24 AM
have you guys started shipping the M1? I was thinking about purchasing one. thanks!

AquariumSpecialty
08/27/2015, 06:00 AM
have you guys started shipping the M1? I was thinking about purchasing one. thanks!

Yes, they arrived yesterday.

bobbychullo
08/27/2015, 01:10 PM
thank you for the quick answer! I have one more question, I sent an email to Ecotech but have not heard back. Before I purchase, I'm trying to find out the minimum you can run the pump at flow/watt -wise? I have a 50g and would not be utilizing much of the wattage so I am hoping it can go down pretty low. Thanks again for your help, as soon as I feel confident I can use the pump on my tank I'll purchase one from you guys (don't want to waste both of ours time if the pump won't fit on my tank, I hope it does tho!)

AquariumSpecialty
08/27/2015, 01:12 PM
thank you for the quick answer! I have one more question, I sent an email to Ecotech but have not heard back. Before I purchase, I'm trying to find out the minimum you can run the pump at flow/watt -wise? I have a 50g and would not be utilizing much of the wattage so I am hoping it can go down pretty low. Thanks again for your help, as soon as I feel confident I can use the pump on my tank I'll purchase one from you guys (don't want to waste both of ours time if the pump won't fit on my tank, I hope it does tho!)

I'll find out for you. That was one of the questions that arose as I was writing this article:

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2015/08/the-new-ecotech-marine-vectra-pump-packs-a-boat-load-of-features.html

bobbychullo
08/27/2015, 05:22 PM
i called ecotech and talked to a customer service guy. he was young and didn't know too much and i didn't press it but he said he heard they go down to 8 watts which to me would correspond to 10% power (from 80w max) or appx. 200gph (2000gph at 80w) with no head pressure. these are all guesses tho based on what he heard, i'd like to know for sure. Thanks for your help!

AquariumSpecialty
08/28/2015, 08:05 AM
i called ecotech and talked to a customer service guy. he was young and didn't know too much and i didn't press it but he said he heard they go down to 8 watts which to me would correspond to 10% power (from 80w max) or appx. 200gph (2000gph at 80w) with no head pressure. these are all guesses tho based on what he heard, i'd like to know for sure. Thanks for your help!

Everyone at Ecotech Marine is young except for Eric. He's the old man at the company.:bum:

bobbychullo
08/28/2015, 02:01 PM
Everyone at Ecotech Marine is young except for Eric. He's the old man at the company.:bum:

ahahah i should have asked for him!

:lol:

Crabb
09/01/2015, 07:43 PM
Was a post to the white paper link somewhere and I missed it? I'm curious about head heights as well. I saw a flow curve, but actual numbers are no doubt a little more accurate. Please let me know when available, thank you! I'm thinking of the L1, since my head height is 11 feet.

805reef
09/08/2015, 12:09 PM
Any word on the L1 ship date?