PDA

View Full Version : Hatching/growing brines

dmh41532
07/23/2015, 06:20 PM
so I need to hatch and grow brine shrimp to adult size. I purchased eggs and they hatched. Not sure what I did wrong, as the water quickly fouled. I'm going to set up again tomorrow, after the eggs hatch, how often should I change the water? From what I've read, they aren't terribly picky eaters, but what is the best food, from hatching till full grow to feed them?

Pearfish
07/24/2015, 09:03 PM
I hatch my own brine shrimp and grow them to adult size with minimal matience. What i do is hatch them. Amd stick them in a 5.5 gallon aquarium with a airstone. I feed selcon to them,and occasionally spirulina. I have very good sucess. I do a 1/2-1 gallon water change once a week. Dont over do it woth feeding. If u do decide to use selcon i fill the pipet given once and squirt it over the air stone. And at night i give them spirulina

dmh41532
07/25/2015, 05:25 PM
I have a 5 gallon for grow out. Should I feed the baby brines selcon?

reefstew
07/25/2015, 06:00 PM
I hatch my own brine shrimp and grow them to adult size with minimal matience. What i do is hatch them. Amd stick them in a 5.5 gallon aquarium with a airstone. I feed selcon to them,and occasionally spirulina. I have very good sucess. I do a 1/2-1 gallon water change once a week. Dont over do it woth feeding. If u do decide to use selcon i fill the pipet given once and squirt it over the air stone. And at night i give them spirulina

Are you getting really big numbers or just a few hundred?

Pearfish
07/25/2015, 09:55 PM
Really big number about 1000. I cut population every day by feeding to my clowns