PDA

View Full Version : Pukani Dry Rock

edp1959
07/24/2015, 05:55 AM
I was looking for some large pieces of Pukani to put in my 300 gallon display and found Tampa Bay Saltwater on google. After some research I decided to give them a try. My order was for the 20"+ pieces. The service was excellent, I placed my order on Sunday and Richard responded right away. I did not expect to hear anything at least until Monday. After he processed the order he sent me another email saying that he had picked some nice rocks out for me so I was anxious for FedEx to deliver. One of my concerns was with Pukani being fragile would my rock be in pieces when it got here. My shipment arrived on Tuesday and the rocks were packaged very well and there were no issues with damage during the FedEx trip from Florida to Georgia. As I opened each box my wife and I were both amazed at the quality of rock Richard sent us. I have not seen any nicer rocks in a tank; large, porous with lots of surface area and light. I will add some pictures soon. I wish I had found them sooner and just want to let everyone know that it would be a mistake to order your Pukani from anywhere but Tampa Bay Saltwater. This will be the only place I order from.

Regards
Eddie

liverock
07/24/2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback Eddie.

I have found that shipping Pukani successfully requires extra good packaging to withstand ground service delivery. I am using tropical fish shipping boxes with the 3/4 Styrofoam liners and heavy duty cardboard's.

Have shipped a few thousand pounds, and not had any issues yet of breakage. Pukani is very light and fragile and requires special packaging to make it to y'all with little to no breakage.

Will be unloading more crates this weekend....so plenty ready to ship all sizes.

Sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :spin2::spin2::spin2:

liverock
07/27/2015, 07:49 AM
I was looking for some large pieces of Pukani to put in my 300 gallon display and found Tampa Bay Saltwater on google. After some research I decided to give them a try. My order was for the 20"+ pieces. The service was excellent, I placed my order on Sunday and Richard responded right away. I did not expect to hear anything at least until Monday. After he processed the order he sent me another email saying that he had picked some nice rocks out for me so I was anxious for FedEx to deliver. One of my concerns was with Pukani being fragile would my rock be in pieces when it got here. My shipment arrived on Tuesday and the rocks were packaged very well and there were no issues with damage during the FedEx trip from Florida to Georgia. As I opened each box my wife and I were both amazed at the quality of rock Richard sent us. I have not seen any nicer rocks in a tank; large, porous with lots of surface area and light. I will add some pictures soon. I wish I had found them sooner and just want to let everyone know that it would be a mistake to order your Pukani from anywhere but Tampa Bay Saltwater. This will be the only place I order from.

Regards
Eddie

And your other 3 monster pieces @90# on the way to you today!

thanks Eddie!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

liverock
08/17/2015, 01:36 PM
Packing more Pukani today for fed ex right to your door. All sizes available!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :fun4::fun4::fun4: