PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing new 50 tank to existing system

malawinovice
07/27/2015, 06:23 AM
I have a current 120 with 40 breeder tank .

I want to plumb a 50 gallon system to the existing sump.

The tank will be located 3 feet away from the existing system

Ideas

billdogg
07/27/2015, 10:34 AM
Either T off the return from the DT or use another pump to supply it. Run a seperate drain from the new tank to your sump.

malawinovice
07/28/2015, 04:42 AM
Do I run the drain lines on the floor, then have them rise up to empty into the sump?
Thanks

billdogg
07/28/2015, 06:00 AM
Nope. Water won't flow uphill. It needs to go in as straight a line as possible from the drain to the sump. If you must angle the drain line, use 45's instead of 90's.

ericarenee
07/28/2015, 10:13 AM
If you run the lines down then up it will work as long as the end is lower then the beginning.. But i would NOT Advise this as stuff will settle in that trap you are Creating I would run them down from the new tank then over at the height just above the sump height. Depending on how Big the pipe is and how much water you will push up.. Use spa flex on the corners with Couplings or Just use all black vinyl tubing for the whole run.
As said above avoid sharp 90s if you can especially on the return pump back to tank line....

I think by running it down then across you will get less turbulence in the sump...
Mine run down from tank 3 inch pvc and across the house about 18 feet where they then drop into a pre filter box...thou i do not care about noise and turbulence as its in basement.