PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get our products and why

SpectraPure
07/27/2015, 01:51 PM
Hello! I am wondering where you purchase our products and why. It is important for us to know what makes you buy products directly from our website; rather than, why you buy our products from one of our suppliers. This feedback will help us determine the best way to get you our products. If you all could chime in on this data collecting session it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all very much for you loyal support!

Jeremy
Spectrapure Inc.

Useful_Idiot
07/31/2015, 08:26 AM
For me total cost is usually the deciding factor. Even if a carbon/di filter is the cheaper from you it the shipping can make up for that. A lot of vendors have free shipping over a certain cost and it's easy to tack on other reef products to meet that amount. Therefore the filter is cheaper from them. I might pickup another litermeter direct from you on this weekend sale though I kinda want one for kalk on my frag tank. With the additional 10% off the reduced price that's a great deal. Otherwise I could buy it at a vendor and instantly meet the free shipping price and pick up any small thing I wanted but didn't want to pay shipping on.

Breadman03
07/31/2015, 09:27 AM
I typically get them straight from you unless I'm already buying something somewhere else that carries your products. Why? You guys took the time to answer my questions and your products work well.

SpectraPure
07/31/2015, 11:29 AM
For me total cost is usually the deciding factor. Even if a carbon/di filter is the cheaper from you it the shipping can make up for that. A lot of vendors have free shipping over a certain cost and it's easy to tack on other reef products to meet that amount. Therefore the filter is cheaper from them. I might pickup another litermeter direct from you on this weekend sale though I kinda want one for kalk on my frag tank. With the additional 10% off the reduced price that's a great deal. Otherwise I could buy it at a vendor and instantly meet the free shipping price and pick up any small thing I wanted but didn't want to pay shipping on.

Thank you very much for your feed back. Please take advantage of our 10% off sale this weekend to stock up on your filters, and we are also selling a lm3 combo at an all time low with this sale. Products like liter meters and uplcs cannot be found cheaper anywhere else. Your feedback helps us find ways to get the end users the lowest landed cost.

Jeremy

SpectraPure
07/31/2015, 11:30 AM
I typically get them straight from you unless I'm already buying something somewhere else that carries your products. Why? You guys took the time to answer my questions and your products work well.

Thank you for your feedback. We are running a sale this weekend. Please check out our website! Your loyalty means so very much to us. =)

Jeremy

swk
08/01/2015, 11:05 AM
I pretty much purchase everything direct from you guys. Mainly because I was unaware that I could shop elsewhere lol. At this point I'm just assuming that the point accumulation will offset the extra shipping cost that I may pay from spectrapure in az. Honestly, I prefer purchasing direct as it seems more basic to cut out the middle man in the rare event that there are any issues with the products.

SpectraPure
08/01/2015, 02:16 PM
SWK,

Thank you for your loyalty! It helps carry us a long ways! People like you a diamond in the rough! Support Small Business America!

Jeremy

Darrell Brady
08/02/2015, 10:40 AM
I go else were for the free shipping.

Pseudo69
08/03/2015, 05:40 AM
I buy direct from you because You helped me automate my system from the ground up and answered all of my questions before I purchased anything. Your tech support and warranty is always going to be worth more to me than free shipping.

pelphrey
08/03/2015, 07:44 AM
I buy direct from you because You helped me automate my system from the ground up and answered all of my questions before I purchased anything. Your tech support and warranty is always going to be worth more to me than free shipping.

I went through a similar situation last week. I had a couple of questions which were answered. I plan to do the same and buy direct when I need replacement filters or parts, just buy directly. I read a ton of reviews and threads on forums. On those threads there were only 2 companies I saw that took the time to help out ANYONE with a RO/DI unit, even if it wasn't the brand they sold. All in all the reviews sold me, but when I spoke to Jeremy on Friday he didn't rush me off the phone, he was a pleasure to work with. Not to mention I know with this being my first RO/DI I'll have questions when I receive it and I know Jeremy or another support member will gladly help me out.

SpectraPure
08/03/2015, 02:10 PM
I really do appreciate your loyal service. I will be here for you if you ever have any questions or are in need of any help. I just had a call from someone whom bought a competitors system that was extremely disappointed. This is my life. I also help manage wholesale accounts, help manage the forums, manage Social Media, help with retail sales, etc, etc.

I often VPN in from home after hours to help the end-user regardless if they purchased from us directly, supplier, Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon, p2p, or even if they purchased a competitors system from a competitor. I do this in good faith that it will pay off.

The value your get purchasing one of our products is far greater than others. The level of service and care that you get is a dying breed in this country and around the world. We have good old fashioned values of respecting the customer, and understanding that exceptional service will triumph. When you purchase through us directly it especially helps us the most.

The local fish shops and suppliers that educate you through salesmanship should get the sale for their hard work. Chances are if you go elsewhere you will to buy a product to save, you eventually will need that salesman/expert again. It would give us and them the ability to expand and grow. However we do not want to discourage you from purchasing from one of our suppliers. Either way you get the service as expected.

We understand that in todays economy wherever you can save a dollar is huge, but understand that not all water purification, level control, automatic water changes, and automatic top-off units are equal. Our products will net you the most savings over the long-run. Consumables get rather expensive over time if they don't last very long, and time is the most expensive cost of all. Time is a non-renewable resource. Money is.

Thank you again for your loyal support!

Jeremy

SpectraPure
08/09/2015, 08:34 PM
Hello!

I am interested in hearing more feedback pertaining to this thread. If you have the time please post your honest answer!

Jeremy

Tarawa
10/10/2015, 07:47 PM
I purchase from online fish stores in Canada, ordering from the states is usually expensive and takes half a year to get up here.

SpectraPure
10/14/2015, 05:29 PM
yeah we love our Canadian stores and users. Thanks for supporting our products.

Jeremy

thejuggernaut
10/25/2015, 06:13 PM
I am slowly switching my entire system over from BRS filters to yours. Just ordered some products directly, but the shipping was a little higher. I'm still a little confused on the different DI cartridges. I've always just refilled the standard housings from bulk resin I buy in packages. Usually they are individually wrapped, so I don't worry about them going bad. It seems like you guys just throw away the housings and sell them new ones with each refill. Is there an advantage for the added cost of purchasing to DI housings each time?

Breadman03
10/26/2015, 10:26 AM
Do you mean for the http://spectrapure.com/FILTERS-MEMBRANES-RESIN/DI-CARTRIDGES-RESIN/Mixed-Bed-Semiconductor-Grade-DI-Resin-5-Liter? That is enough bulk resin to refill a ten inch cartridge six times, and is what I've been using for a couple years now.

SpectraPure
10/26/2015, 11:01 AM
Yeah that's exactly what he means.

Jeremy