PDA

View Full Version : Mirror or Paint

Westfield
07/28/2015, 01:38 PM
Building a new coral only tank
Thinking of using a mirror like film on the wall side
So I can see what's going on with critters
Any reason not to?
Could light issues result in reflection issues?

Thanks John

Sk8r
07/28/2015, 02:08 PM
More light is usually a good thing: it would keep light from leaving the tank and send it back in.

segen77
07/28/2015, 05:34 PM
That's an interesting idea. Do you have a link to the film you're talking about?

cloak
07/28/2015, 05:56 PM
Whichever background you decide on, just make sure your able to clean the glass on a regular basis. If you allow Coralline algae or any other type of algae to take hold it's not really going to matter what you have on the back of the tank. GL.

Westfield
07/29/2015, 10:21 AM
Thought I could find.....Still looking
Will up date
John

Westfield
07/29/2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks Anything I do will be OUTSIDE so as not to cause cleaning problems. Also I am having trouble finding silver film Still looking

Westfield
07/29/2015, 10:31 AM
More light is usually a good thing: it would keep light from leaving the tank and send it back in.

That's an interesting idea. Do you have a link to the film you're talking about?

**** Found this on Amazon and ordered it

20" X 32" Fish Tank Background Double Sided Blue/silver Mirror

by Quantum Aquatics

• 20" x 32"
• Fits up to a 29 gallon tank
• Double Sided Blue/Silver Mirror

cloak
07/29/2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks Anything I do will be OUTSIDE so as not to cause cleaning problems.

I'm not exactly sure if you understood what I was getting at. Just to clarify, it's not the outside of the tank you need to worry about, it's the inside that's going to be the problem. If your rocks are stacked in a way to where you can't reach behind them and scrub the glass on a regular basis then all you'll be looking at is a pink/purple background. (Coralline algae) Whatever you have back there will become obsolete.

Bent
07/29/2015, 11:41 AM
Ya know...

You could get some chrome vinyl wrap from www.metrorestyling.com