PDA

View Full Version : Any word on a release date for Kissel AP700

Jyetman
07/29/2015, 05:46 PM
Done with the cheap quality of my Maxspect Razor want the AP700 looks to be a much better made fixture.

slief
07/29/2015, 05:58 PM
I'm sure if there was any news on the release, it would have been brought up in any one of the other few threads on it. That said, I doubt we will hear anything before MACNA and if anything, that's when there will be news. I will be there so I will be sure to ask and update everybody..

That said, I am sure the AP700 will be much better than the Maxspect. I use a Maxspect on my display fuge and while it's OK, I much prefer my 360WE's. As such, I don't blame you for wanting to upgrade.

Jyetman
07/29/2015, 06:12 PM
I'm sure if there was any news on the release, it would have been brought up in any one of the other few threads on it. That said, I doubt we will hear anything before MACNA and if anything, that's when there will be news. I will be there so I will be sure to ask and update everybody..

That said, I am sure the AP700 will be much better than the Maxspect. I use a Maxspect on my display fuge and while it's OK, I much prefer my 360WE's. As such, I don't blame you for wanting to upgrade.

Hope a Kissell will go beyond a 3 year mark unlike this Razor without spending money on replacement parts! Right now I've spent $65.00 for a driver board and at the moment holding my breath with a flicker problem so not dumping anymore money into it. I was hoping and thinking a $500 Razor would had been more reliable. Does Kissell have a two year warranty?

slief
07/29/2015, 06:34 PM
Hope a Kissell would go beyond a 3 year mark without spending money on replacement parts like this Razor I've got? Right now I've spent $65.00 for a driver board and at the moment holding my breath with a flicker problem so not dumping anymore money into it think $500 be more reliable. Doesn't Kissell have two year warranties on their products?

I have no idea what Kessils warranty. I haven't had to use the warranty on my Kessils so I never bothered to pay attention to the duration. I buy based on quality & or features. Not warranty period so I rarely pay attention to those details unless I am buying a car or until I need to exercise my warranty. I highly doubt it will be 3 years on the new fixture. That would almost be unprecedented so I wouldn't expect it.

sixpackgarage
07/30/2015, 12:24 AM
latest rumor I've heard is black Friday..

tjsreeftank
07/30/2015, 08:20 AM
The warranty is 2 years

DDon
07/30/2015, 08:39 AM
According to Kessil's Facebook page, official release video and details coming tomorrow (7/31).

Jyetman
07/30/2015, 10:18 PM
Just announced $949.00 for this fixture!! Personally think that guy in Envelope is an idiot! I'll fix my razor and be happy!

FoothillCorals
07/31/2015, 07:58 AM
Champion Lighting and Supply sent me an e-mail for pre-orders. $895 and should ship in September.

Jyetman
07/31/2015, 09:49 AM
$895, no I'll wait a year or so first and see how reliable they turn out see what people say about the performance before I drop $900 bucks. I learned my lesson with this razor!

nuxx
07/31/2015, 11:27 AM
Played with two AP700s while out in LA last week.

They were nice, but I noticed that they had no connectors for Apex or daisy chained A360WEs.

Confirmed with Kessil that they are meant to be controlled wirelessly and won't connect to existing A360WEs.

Little bummed out... was going to add an AP700 to our tank and move the two central A360WEs to the sides of the tank.

Guess I'll just buy two more A360WEs...

Might look into the AP700s for our frag tank though...

slief
07/31/2015, 11:55 AM
$895, no I'll wait a year or so first and see how reliable they turn out see what people say about the performance before I drop $900 bucks. I learned my lesson with this razor!

They have been beta testing this light for over a year now and Kessil is not known to have quality or reliability issues. You can rest assured that this light will be extremely reliable and infinitely better than the Razor. Like you, I have a Razor that I use on my display fuge and after a couple years of use, I had a driver issue too. While it was an easy fix, the quality is kind of suspect. On the flip side, we both own Kessils and it's very obvious that they are well constructed unlike many Chinese products on the market. As such, I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard. Especially given the lengths that Kessil has gone to properly beta test these.

Having said that, the comments above regarding the lack of 0-10v control ports is a bit of a bummer. I think that would be a great feature. To that end, I wouldn't be surprised if the Neptune team had something in the pipeline to support these lights. If Kessil uses wireless communictation like that of Ecotech, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that a WXM module could be updated to support this new light or even a new module from Neptune could be in the works to support these.

nuxx
07/31/2015, 11:58 AM
I think that would be a great feature. To that end, I wouldn't be surprised if the Neptune team had something in the pipeline to support these lights. If Kessil uses wireless communictation like that of Ecotech, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities that a WXM module could be updated to support this new light or even a new module from Neptune could be in the works to support these.

Hope so...

I can still get 2 A360WEs for roughly 1/2 of the price of the AP700, so it's a tough pill to swallow for a tank already running A360WEs.

Now the new frag tank might be a candidate, seeing I'm just running cheaper lights right now...

Jyetman
07/31/2015, 01:45 PM
See what happens on Black Friday if they do 10 percent that's $855 still high in my book though.

slief
07/31/2015, 03:31 PM
Hope so...

I can still get 2 A360WEs for roughly 1/2 of the price of the AP700, so it's a tough pill to swallow for a tank already running A360WEs.

Now the new frag tank might be a candidate, seeing I'm just running cheaper lights right now...

You can but that's because you are getting them wholesale or used. That logic doesn't apply to the average end user.

nuxx
08/03/2015, 10:45 AM
You can but that's because you are getting them wholesale or used. That logic doesn't apply to the average end user.

Sorry good point :) :beer: