PDA

View Full Version : bleached bubble tip

nathanjohnson09
07/30/2015, 11:15 AM
hello unfortunately my ac went out here in good ole memphis where the index was 105 for the whole week it was out. long story short i worked a 12 hr shift the day it happend and tank went to 90 degrees. i lost most of my coral and couldnt find my rose bta. well he came out after all was fixed he is pure white and only half his original size. my question is will he get his red back or will he remain white. he seems healthy foot is attached to rock its tenacles are inflated doesnt seem like he gonna die and he still eats. this happened a month ago

m0nkie
07/31/2015, 03:10 PM
dang. tough anemone! it will regain its color in time. feeding helps.

nathanjohnson09
07/31/2015, 03:15 PM
ok you mean hold some mysis around it so it grabs and eats

m0nkie
07/31/2015, 03:18 PM
I feed mine mysis and chopped up seafood from market. (clams, shrimps, scallops, anything really) don't feed too much. Once a week or twice at most.

don't try feeding if it's not grabbing any by itself.

nathanjohnson09
07/31/2015, 03:21 PM
i know when i throw a cube in it tends to hold on to some if it settles on it but i wont be too persistant and let him do what he does. thanks for the advice hope he gets red again one day

m0nkie
07/31/2015, 03:25 PM
I use a turkey baster and lightly spray some thawed out frozen food into the anemone. all powerheads off.

nathanjohnson09
07/31/2015, 03:27 PM
ok great i got one of those ive just never really ventured into feeding nems/corals. thought about it...but never went threw with it lol

m0nkie
07/31/2015, 03:36 PM
ya. really useful tool. I found out my tiny chalices and zoas can eat whole mysis shrimps.. so I've been spraying them at night too.

saf1
08/02/2015, 10:24 PM
Yeah a bit of food if it grabs it you will be fine. I had one split but after that happened something agitated it to somehow they got sick and almost died. Shrank to thesizeofa golf ball and turned white. They are also rose in color. Anyway left them alone for a few weeks to see if they wOuld turn around on their own. Feed them one day and they took it. A bit of mysis shrimp and small pellets. 6 months later they are back to normal color and size and doing well.

What ever you do go slow and let them sort of dictate feeding frequency. You will see the start to extend, color up, etc.

Good luck.

blazend
08/03/2015, 10:22 AM
I buy frozen silverside fish and unthaw them and physically hand the anemone the body of the fish. It will digest it in time.

cprice
08/03/2015, 08:29 PM
I am having the same thing currently happening with me and my rainbow BTA. I didnt realize that my heater went off until my zoas all closed up for a few days. I am glad to know that it will return to its original size and color. I actually fed it for the first time in about 2 weeks today with half of a silverside. I was hesitant to feed it thinking something was wrong. Will watch closely over the next few weeks. Thanks for the help!

(BTW, this is my first post. Hello all Reef Central!)