PDA

View Full Version : CSPDI-90-MF Ordered. Thanks Jeremy!

pelphrey
07/31/2015, 07:50 PM
Thanks to Spectrapure and the sale they are having this weekend I am now the proud owner of the CSPDI 2:1 Manual Flush 90-GPD RO/DI System - CSPDI-90-MF system. On top of that a very big thank you to Jeremy, I talked to him on the phone today and we discussed the system I was interested in. Afterwards he sent me an email with all of the links needed to add to my cart to ensure my system is configured correctly. I ended up spending over a hundred more than I had planned to spend to be honest. But I feel like it was the right decision, especially after reading other reviews.

The more exciting news is now I have just guaranteed I will have the absolute best water to start my very first reef tank in a few more months.

I'll keep everyone updated!

SpectraPure
08/03/2015, 09:39 AM
Thank you very much for your kind words. When you get your system please do give me a call. I will go over everything with you!

Jeremy

pelphrey
08/13/2015, 08:16 AM
Look what I got!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/pelphrey01/27%20Gallon/IMG_1676_zpsgjgfo5mb.jpg

Big question now. I don't have immediate plans to get this hooked up (that may change). Do I need to do anything with the filters to preserve them before I get the unit hooked up?

Thanks!

SpectraPure
08/13/2015, 10:59 AM
Lets chat on the phone. I will walk you through it. Email me at [email protected]

With your number and a time you want me to call.

Jeremy

pelphrey
08/13/2015, 12:42 PM
Email sent. Thanks Jeremy!

SpectraPure
08/17/2015, 03:02 PM
Did you get my message via voicemail?

pelphrey
09/01/2015, 09:09 PM
Jeremy,

I did receive both of your voicemail's. My wife and I just recently welcomed our first child into the world so I've had little to no time for anything else! I plan to hopefully get the unit hooked up within the next few weeks. I am planning on buying more hose and keeping the unit inside in our laundry room and running the output into the garage through the wall. Do you foresee any issues with this? What is the max length run I can make on the output? My plan is to pickup a 25' foot hose from you all, will I need any other fittings to accomplish this?

For reference the garage is not heated, but it does only have 2 exterior walls one being the garage door. We live in a 2 story house with a bedroom above the garage. I do have a concern for freezing this winter, but haven't lived in this house during the winter yet.

Thanks for all of your help!

SpectraPure
09/02/2015, 02:05 PM
I do not see any issues with 25 feet of product water. Makes sure the input line is short as it needs to be, and the same with the waste. The product water line will be ok at 25 feet. There are smaller rectangular reservoirs you can get for your laundry room as a possibility.

Jeremy

SpectraPure
09/02/2015, 02:06 PM
Oh and Congrats!!! My wife is expecting! What an exciting time! Please let me know if you need any help at all.

Jeremy

pelphrey
10/04/2015, 01:37 PM
Finally got the unit mounted and water running through it. Unit is at 40 PSI directly from the cold water nozzle. Is there anything I can do to better the PSI without spending another $150 on a booster pump? I followed all directions and ran the unit for an hour without the DI in, then ran the flush.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/pelphrey01/27%20Gallon/IMG_2189_zpsmgqaeuzk.jpg

Thinking about using this on the water output to keep the washer and RODI hooked up at all times, is this a bad idea?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/pelphrey01/27%20Gallon/IMG_2188_zpsqqc3qdh9.jpg

This came with the unit and I have no clue what it is, or what I am supposed to do with it. I've looked through all documentation that came with the RODI and I see no images or mentions.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/pelphrey01/27%20Gallon/IMG_2191_zpsfvo5trdv.jpg

I will say that although the unit comes with great documentation it is a little confusing. The directions in the book tell you to remove the DI and run the unit for an hour. There is also a piece of paper that comes with the unit and it says that before the first use the system needs to be flushed for 2 minutes then fill a 5 gallon bucket and dispose. I assume you run the unit for an hour without the DI THEN follow the instructions on the paper. But I think these should be in the installation and operating manual as part of the setup instructions.

Any input is appreciated!!

SpectraPure
10/05/2015, 01:58 AM
The flow restrictor goes in the line after the ball valve for dechlorinated water. This is to slow down the water to get optimal dechlorination through the carbon blocks.

The two way splitter looks ok to use. I use one very similar.

Jeremy

pelphrey
10/05/2015, 07:14 AM
The flow restrictor goes in the line after the ball valve for dechlorinated water. This is to slow down the water to get optimal dechlorination through the carbon blocks.

The two way splitter looks ok to use. I use one very similar.

Jeremy

Awesome, think you sir! I haven't tested my waste to good water ratio, but my good water is at a steady flow. At 40 PSI is it recommended that I use a booster pump?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_1fOqtuRjoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpectraPure
10/05/2015, 04:44 PM
Yes,

A Booster pump will not only increase your water production, but it helps DI last longer. What are all 3 readings on the TDS meter?

Jeremy